Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Steam email change

Discussion in Technical Support started by Vicarious, Aug 16, 2015

1. Dec 27, 2012
    Hiya Plaguefest, I'm finally returning to CS:S starting next week. However..

The email linked to my steam is very, VERY outdated. I want to change it but to do that I need to log in to Steam which I can't since Steam asks me to verify that it's me accessing the account. I log into my email successfully however I need to verify that it's me there as well but I can't do it because all alternatives given are of no use.

I've tried to contact Steam support but so far with no luck, do you guys know of something that can speed things up? Thank you in advance.
  2. Jan 12, 2015
    ahhh booohoooooo my emaillll my emaillllll

bruh its 2015
  3. Feb 27, 2012
    Are they just being slow? Last time i tried steam technical support for something, they asked me to take a picture of my original hl1 cd-key with some kind of timestamp. I don't even know where my original copy of hl1 is!
  4. Dec 27, 2012
    You don't need to reply unless you can help. While I didn't expect anything constructive from you please post only if you can help, otherwise don't post at all.
    Post Merged, Aug 16, 2015
    I guess they are a bit slow. I didn't provide them that much information (if any at all) but instead described the problem at hand. Waiting for them to ask me about whatever that needs to be said. Didn't want to hand out account information beforehand, perhaps I should have? I dunno. Also, yeah I know that feeling lol it's horseshit.
  5. Jun 29, 2014
    so your saying you cant get into your email? or you do but ti si asking you to verify that it is you? last time i believe it asked me for a phone number or something to send me a code to enter
  6. Dec 27, 2012
    I need to verify it's me by sending a code to a phone (the phone number is wrong) or by sending to a specific different email (that has the same issue as this one). Yep, it's a little frustrating.
  7. Jun 29, 2014
    Now on the other email it is asking for the same thing? even after trying the password/username recovery thing? Can you not change the phone number that they have on file for that account?
  8. Dec 27, 2012
    The phone number is a set one, cannot be changed. The other email is a one that I have never heard of. I guess I'll have to wait for steam support to reply to my post and give them last 4 digits of my credit card and possibly my password. I really don't know.
  9. Jun 29, 2014
    Possibly, haven't ran into that problem yet, i think i have two different numbers on my email just in case, im sure support will get you in
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dec 27, 2012
      I sure hope they will. Thanks for your time.
    • Jan 12, 2015
      emaisl usually just for like back and forth sending of messages?
      im confused on the situation at hand

thought steam was working today?
      • Like Like x 1
      • Oct 18, 2012
        maybe if you actually read the OP you would know whats happening
      • Jan 12, 2015

literally codeiened out just got tonsils removed. im a idiot sorry, just read this. my bad. my eyes were like cross eyed earlier lol
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Jul 8, 2012
          Perhaps you should not drugs and internet?
        • Mar 10, 2014
          ive had this issue once before, try calling the email support line and try to answer your questions to the best of your knowledge. From my experience the customer support rep should then assist you by reseting the account and giving you the ability to reset your password ans sec questions @Vicarious
        • Dec 27, 2012
          Sadly this cannot be done either. As I stated before, the email is very outdated and I cannot recall the information related to it other than my name.
        • Dec 27, 2012
          Am I doing something wrong? I've waited for longer than a week for a simple reply but so far nothing. URGH I need steam in about 3 days, damn it all!

EDIT: Sometimes I surprise myself. I managed to get hold of my account without Steams help, ain't nobody got time for that. Yishhh Thanks y'all.
          Vicarious, Aug 21, 2015 Last edited by Vicarious, Aug 21, 2015
        • Jun 11, 2012
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Dec 27, 2012
            Thanks, now I have to change it. I love you bindr but pls
            • Agree Agree x 1