Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Steam files messed up.

Discussion in Technical Support started by Domo, Jul 28, 2013

1. Dec 31, 2012
    I factory reset my computer because it wasn't running at good speeds like it used too. So once it was back up and running, I downloaded steam. Now before I factory reset it I had a file in "SteamApps" that was my username on steam. Which was where all my CSS files were stored. Now that I factory reset it, it is no longer there, and I can't put all the map packs in there manually. Does anyone maybe know why it's not there anymore, or a way to fix this?
    Post Merged, Jul 28, 2013
    I already contacted Steam Support and they ignore me....
    Post Merged, Jul 28, 2013
    I accidentally put this in the wrong location as well....
  2. Jul 14, 2010
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\download\maps
    This is where downloaded maps go, a few updates ago they changed directory from username to common, if you don't have skins it probably didn't affect you, I think it automatically moved maps so reinstalling you'll want them in that directory. (Or similar).
  3. Dec 31, 2012
    Ah. That just answered it all. Thank's man.
  4. Jun 11, 2012
    lol. Yeah steamapps became SteamApps. Don't know why the sudden changes but it screwed up some scripts I had running.

Anything that you download from a server (maps, skin, super bumping 80's synth music) all gets placed in:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\download

In the future if you need to wipe your drive and not have to redownload anything, move the steamapps folder out and put it on another drive that's not the OS drive. Wipe it, install steam, run steam once, then copy back the SteamApps folder.
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Yes, because no one wants to redownload all this:

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Dec 31, 2012
        LOL, yeah I tried doing it, but I lost the 2 flash drives I put everything on, I'm really smart.