Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Steam related malware

Discussion in Technical Support started by Joshy, Nov 18, 2014

1. May 31, 2012

I've heard that this has become increasingly popular (already 3-4 members known to have this problem within this week), and I am sure there are some people who may not be aware of it:

[IMG]

If you click on the link, your account will send out the same messages to all of your friends. I'm not sure what kind of information they can get from you, but it's still probably annoying and better to be safe. Just be aware, cautious, and I would recommend not clicking on links you are unfamiliar with.

From,
    Joshy
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Oct 18, 2012
      This isn't new lol. @Welsper clicked on one of those links before then as soon as that happened a fishy message came to me and others on her friends list. It said something like "Hahaha hey bro look at this:" usually she tells us to suck her cock then click it.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Feb 8, 2013
        I clicked it, but it failed to download. Good thing it did fail. I removed the friend that sent it to me already.
      • May 31, 2012
        Ha! I'm sure it's not new, but it's been happening to a few members more recently so I think it's a good idea to at least be aware or share this info with the few who haven't come across this. 3-4 members in a single week is a lot in my opinion.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Aug 11, 2013
          lol i clicked it, an it sent the lnk to all my friends.people that did clicked it change your steam password asap
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Feb 27, 2012
            If you click it and your account gets jacked, your best bet is to format your pc, THEN change your email and steam passwords. Its likely it just jacked your stored login credentials (its just a file stored in your steam directory) but you can never be too sure, because they can easily sell your account if thry have your email and steam information.
            • Useful Useful x 2
            • May 17, 2014
            • Aug 2, 2014
              Nobody add champ to their friends list he will send it to you too :clown:
              • Funny Funny x 2
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Feb 15, 2012
                Yeah, when I got that link and message, telling me to click it, I was like:
                [IMG]
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
                • Jan 3, 2013
                • Mar 30, 2013
                  The hacker who made this was able to steal many many items from Dota2, CsGo and TF2.
                  He got banned from SteamCommunity a few day ago, so I dont know if the malware still has an effect
                  • Informative Informative x 2
                  • Jun 11, 2012
                    So..what was it. I mean that gentleman said it was funny by wildly yelling "bro" and "ahhahah". I mean if you didn't click on it, you are not the "bro" who should have been the "bro", bro.
                    • Useful Useful x 1
                    • Feb 25, 2014
                      I got a message from you, just ignored it as I never click links in steam. Also i still have 9 message's i cannot find and i cannot delete them, some unknown guy but i guess it might be the guy who got deleted, annoying thou i still see i got 9 message's
                      • Aug 11, 2013
                      • Jan 3, 2013