Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Steam Sale June30-July10

Discussion in Gaming started by inworb, Jun 30, 2011

1. Feb 23, 2009
    Some good deals today if you want to pick up those games you've been missing.

Also because of some of my own stupidity I have 2 extra copies of Borderlands for those who I deem worthy.
  2. Jul 14, 2010
    If your wanting to get rid of those borderlands, I'd take 1 off your hands :smile:.

I'll keep an eye on those sales for any good games I see. Thanks for the heads up!
  3. Jan 30, 2011
    I, too wouldn't mind to take a copy off of your hands.

Also will keep watching the sales and see what games I may want.
  4. Jun 4, 2006
  5. Sep 21, 2008
  6. Mar 13, 2010
    Witcher2 for $33. Bit Trip Runner for $2.50. And Elder Scrolls 4 premium edition for $8.50. Best fucking deals I've seen in a while.
  7. May 27, 2008
    I'm not going to be in PC gaming for a bit. I'm getting bored of it, plus hopefully soon I will be picking up a 3DS.
  8. Feb 18, 2011
    I Love the sales on Steam....so many games such cheap prices.
  9. Mar 19, 2011
    Yeah too bad I never really get to play the games I do buy. :frown:
  10. Feb 18, 2011
    Yeah.....That sucks, I do my best to make time to play them.
  11. Jan 12, 2011
    Just Cause 2 is on sale for $4.99 !!

Anyone who doesn't already have this game, I strongly recommend it. It's a fun open-world mercenary game which has amazing graphics, a well optimized engine, and has pretty good physics (in the fun sense). And to top that off, you can do some pretty crazy shit with grappling hooks and explosives. Get creative. :laugh:

Edit:
    Also while I'm here, The GTA Classics Pack for $7.49 is good if you haven't played much of those yet and has potential for some good mods. Braid is $2.49 and is a pretty good temporal puzzle game. You'll need to think 4th-dimensionally for this one.
  12. Jan 12, 2011
    Day 5 deals have rolled in and games of interest are:

Doom Complete pack for $8.74 !!
    Worth it for the original Doom games alone. If you haven't played these games but consider yourself a big FPSer, shame on you. The classics still rock with their 2-and-a-half-D graphics and weaving level design. There is still active support for the originals via the Skulltag source port (found here) and the large array of custom wads (google 'Doom wads' for hundreds). Buy it. NOW.
    Also, go find Wolfenstein and the original Duke Nukem and play those for good measure. :whistling:

Serious Sam Gold Edition for $7.99 !
    A really fun "run and gun" game, Serious Sam is about the casual genocide of things on the end of your barrel. You have guns and hordes of enemies to mow down. Scenery is nice and coop/multiplayer is pretty epic. Another game you really should play as an FPSer.

Bully Scholarship Edition for $3.74
    While I haven't played it on the computer, on the consoles this is a really solid game. A Rockstar developed game, you can expect to basically go GTA in a school environment. It's about being a punk and awkwardly working around the standard archetypes of school. It's more fun than it sounds.
  13. Mar 31, 2010
    I bought Mount and Blade 3, Frozen Synapse and Trine!
  14. Jan 12, 2011
    Bit behind on posting, but on Day 7 there are a few noteworthy games on sale:

Killing Floor
    Game alone is $4.99
    Game + all DLC is $7.48

The game is freaky, bloody, and fun. The goal is simple: survive waves of enemies and defeat the boss at the end. But trying to do that is challenging and good teamwork is key on the higher difficulties. Granted, it runs on an older engine but the gameplay is solid. Compared to L4D, this has a sharper difficulty curve to it, but it is quite fun. Especially with the Summer Sideshow Event going on, I strongly recommend picking it up. Also, there are a number of pF members who have the game, so ask around to get a team together!

Left 4 Dead series
    1 and 2 are each $4.99
    Bundle for both is $7.49

While I hope you've heard about these by now, they are coop campaign games to survive the hordes and make way to rescue. It features a unique "game director" which spawns items and hordes at different points on the maps and has special zombies which will caution your progress through the levels.

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY for $7.49
    A modern Batman game with awesome graphics, decent controls, and good gameplay. It also features the voice acting of many characters from the animated series. While I haven't played the PC version yet, the gameplay is solid and worth the price. The main thing of consequence to bear in mind for the game is the SecuROM DRM - you can only activate it (install) 4 times, so pick your machines carefully.