Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Steam Update: How to fix your custom files.

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Satsukii, Apr 16, 2013

1. Jan 11, 2012
    So the nice new Update for CS:S & some other Source games literally messed up your custom stuff.
    To fix that you take all your stuff in common/cs:s/cstrike/downloads and put it into a folder you create and yeah, it really has to be named like that

cssfix

Put it all in it and it will work fine again.
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • May 14, 2011
      • Funny Funny x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Aug 13, 2012
      • Feb 19, 2012
        now my cs:s is crashing everytime I try to load a map. what in the fuck?
      • Jul 1, 2010
        /program files/steam/steamapps/common/counter-strike source/cstrike/maps/

Is where my maps are. Am I missing something?
      • Jan 11, 2012
        Yeah, just saw that too, maps can be in cstrike.
        I think it's now like minecraft that there is a seperate space for custom stuff
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Apr 1, 2012
          I'm following these steps and everything seem fine and dandy in ze_italy_town but then I kept crashing connecting to ze_grandboatescape
          Engine Error
          V_append slash ran out of space for c: Program files/steam/steamapps/common/cstrike/custom/my_custom_stuff/<insert ze_grandboatescape.bsp here>

HALP!
        • Jan 11, 2012
        • Jul 23, 2012
          Take your maps out of the "custom" folder.
          Put it in your cstrike/map folder.
        • Jul 1, 2010
          Yeah I think that skins and shit like that will end up in /custom
        • Jan 11, 2012
          Skins and stuff go like I posted the pic in cstrike/custom/my_custom_stuff/ yeah
          One last Tip: Fuck on your content, it spams the shit out of your console, wait till they fixed it (so about a month or two, lol)
        • Feb 19, 2012
          custom player models downloaded from services aren't appearing in source sdk, and aren't appearing ingame.

nested in custom/my_custom_stuff/models/player.

edit: Maps aren't even compiling anymore.

fuck this shit
          ZombieFurbie, Apr 16, 2013 Last edited by ZombieFurbie, Apr 16, 2013
        • Mar 5, 2013
        • May 17, 2011
        • Jan 11, 2012
          Another addition, if you don't want those annoying errors, delete all the w_ files in materials/models/weapons and models/weapons/w_weapons. Seems like the world models are pretty much fucked
        • Apr 9, 2012
          Did Valve even test this out lolz... Instead of making all those codes and shit from their crappy computers, test it beforehand instead. This update literally changed nothing but making everything worse than ever. You can as @Luffaren does and explained to me, continue mapping in HL2 instead of CS:S (or HL2:grin:M). This will both allow you to compile as well as map further on. Since @Ghost told me that it could take a long time before Valve considers updating the Hammers with the new directories, I think it's a good trick to know. Prps to Luff in any case!
        • Nov 19, 2010
          I'm cant see the weapon people are carrying~ I'm getting this error in the console
          Error Vertex File for 'weapons\w_smg_p90.mdl' checksum -905411046
        • Jun 11, 2012
          This is the main issue with this update. From your perspective everything should and look fine, but from other people perspective this console error log spammy will occur. Thus world models are causing a main issue.
        • Jan 11, 2012
          I have migrated my CSS data over to new rigs for the past several years and still works fine after this update. Only issues I have is my keyboard macros do to some binding changes. After this update just for shit and giggles perhaps I will delete everything and do a clean download.