Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Steam

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by sajak, Apr 15, 2012

1. Nov 11, 2011
    Is it only me that is receiving "Invalid Profile Data" and "Steam Community..." errors, among others for certain people?:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Feb 12, 2012
  3. Feb 11, 2012
    Appears to me sometimes too, but steam is crap.
  4. Super Mario
    This message by Super Mario has been removed from public view. Deleted by Super Mario, Apr 19, 2012.
    Apr 15, 2012
  5. Feb 20, 2011
    Sometimes I see my Steam Profile, other times just my Steam ID.
  6. Oct 29, 2010
    I get that every once in a while, didn't think too much of it. Perhaps @Brian could shed some light on the issue?
  7. Jun 4, 2006

It's a 3rd party service, if it's fucking up it's likely on their end.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Oct 29, 2010
      Well that's a shame, It doesn't happen too often anyhow.

Mario you're such a :clown:
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Nov 11, 2011
        We are PlagueFest Brian, we have pull around the e-community. Let Steam have an earful :razz:
      • Jun 4, 2006
        Figured I'd update this, it's definitely an issue on Steam Community's side, not ours. All other forum owners who use the same profile badges / xmlproxy are experiencing the same issues. I'll keep an eye out for any updates to the badges/class presuming it doesn't fix itself.
      • Mar 20, 2011
        @sajak you have been banned from Steam LOL
        • Like Like x 1
        • Dec 6, 2011
          This is happening for me on about 1 out of 5 people, quite annoying but I've clicked Steam profiles probably about 3 times since I've been with pF, not used often at all.
        • Nov 11, 2011
          @Churma If that's the case, gaming as we know it, will cease to exist.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Apr 9, 2007
          • Nov 11, 2011
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Nov 11, 2011
              @Brian Is there a way to disable the Steam profile module client-side (without me having to write a greasemonkey block script or the likes)? Of course I won't ask you to disable the module server side :evilgrin:It's useful server side at the moment because on the iPhone/iTouch as well as my Android Galaxy S and S2, until the Steam data is loaded fully, I'm not able to scroll up or down without it jumping back to the profile link it's loading. It's just a nuisance. :thumbsdown:
            • Mar 31, 2012
              nah you from bosnia isdmf? that is all... it happens more then you think lol :razz:
            • Feb 18, 2011
              Just wait. I doubt it is permanently broken, so there should be no need in removing it.
            • Jun 4, 2006
              Browsing this site via regular browser in a mobile device? Sketchy. I highly suggest you snag the free version of forumrunner, or get the new tapatalk v2 that just came out. The forums support both.

At any rate, I'll look into adding a user preference to hide steam badges in thread views.