Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Sticky nades?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Nayr, Jul 22, 2013

1. Apr 24, 2012
    I was playing on another zombie mod server and I found that they had "sticky nades" which I found was very useful because it made the grenade stick right onto the zombie. Any suggestions on this?
  2. May 12, 2007
    I think it would be a great idea if we were to get rid of the speed increase that nades have on ZM. zombies seeing the nade being thrown can catch it on their back intentionally then turn around to propel themselves, which would be fun to do, but ultimately make for a much different experience.
  3. Jul 8, 2012
    Perhaps if they were an option or if you could just get regular ones too this could possibly be interesting.

I'm not really a fan of sticky nades, but if we had the option to chose one or the other then I say why not, provided approval from everyone and it can actually be successfully implemented. Could provide a bit on an interesting twist to ZM so long as it was done without trolling ability. :thumbsup:
  4. Jun 23, 2010
    That sounds pretty cool! This can change the way zombie act. I also like Dreary and Zenzr idea.

I also agree on having the options to select if you want sticky nade or not. I know its out there :razz:
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    I am reminiscing of the original, blue Halo sticky grenades lol. :clap:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Oct 8, 2013
      Why don't we have sticky nades but ONLY STICKY IF THEY MAKE CONTACT WITH A ZOMBIE. otherwise, they bounce?
      Alot of times you need nades to bounce to get them around the corner, etc
      • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
      • Dec 27, 2012
        The knockback from grenades are ridiculous, it may be fun but it can also backfire really horribly. Let's say, a human throws this sticky grenade towards a zombie, and it hits it. Depending on where it hits on the zombies body, it can use this to it's own advantage to launch itself towards target location. I know, I don't want to be a party pooper, it's a cool idea and all but its very easy to grief already with grenades.

I have to make sure, I've seen two different kinds of "sticky" grenades. Are the ones you talk about the kind of grenades that will automatically search for the closest target and stuck itself onto it, or is it the ones who will stuck only if you hit the target manually? Again, cool idea but I'll stay neutral in this for now.
      • Mar 26, 2012
        I don't see anything wrong with adding a new strategy in the game. I am sure it would be difficult for zombies to react quickly enough to use it to their advantage. It would be a technique they would likely have to practice before they master it similar to bhopping.
      • Apr 24, 2012
        well that's kind of what I was thinking.. It would be a brand new strategy that we could utilize and as far as the griefing aspect it exists on many levels already and would take some practice to master and really pose a problem at best would most likely be an occasional inconvenience, could be fun to give it a shot..if it doesn't work out we can take it out of gameplay.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Apr 9, 2007
          • Like Like x 3
          • Apr 24, 2012
          • Jun 19, 2013
            I can see this being a way for griefers to launch zombies, but it would be a cool concept.
          • Dec 27, 2012
            After some re-thinking, I agree with @Nayr that we could at least give it a try just to see how things will go. Good idea.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Oct 13, 2011
            • Feb 11, 2012

I like it.
            • Apr 9, 2012
              Sounds useful! Good to hear it's being processed!