Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Stopping vote spammers when it comes to voting time

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by darksynergywhite, Jul 12, 2011

1. Jul 12, 2011
    Just an idea that's been crossing my mind as of late. I recall playing on this zombie mod server once, and when it came to map voting time, the first 2 options were blank to stop people from spamming 1 or 2 and screwing up the votes. Could we perhaps have it for the zombie mod servers in particular? I absolutely hate it when shitty maps like atix helicopter are the first vote or when even good maps are option 4 or 5 and everyone's just spamming 1. This would be good thing to implement, as the whole point of votes is to, well, quite simply, for the majority of the players that like a certain map to be able to choose what they want. Plus, if people are too busy shooting zombies, or don't care, and they press 1 and 2, their vote would just disappear or the dialog box would be there until they choose a higher number.

Not saying get rid of the options, just move them up 2 numbers so that people can't spam 1 or 2 and screw up the votes because it happens almost everytime. Does this sound like a good idea?
  2. Apr 2, 2011
    A WORTHY IDEA!!! :thumbsup: I support it... but you think that everyone would have already discussed this idea already... ...
  3. Jun 4, 2006
  4. Dec 7, 2010
    Let'em have it Brian.. :razz:
  5. Apr 2, 2011
    You have shown me the errors of my ways Brian :teehee:
  6. Jul 12, 2011
    Sorry, I didn't realize it has been discussed so many times. I still think it would be worth doing, despite though the consensus is people will still spam.

I've made an observation, you see. When your fingers are on WASD, it is very easy for the ring finger to spam 1 or 2 quickly. 3 and 4 are easily spammable with the middle or index finger too. It would actually take effort to press a number any higher. I suppose people would still spam a number, but at least it would be bearable and instead of spamming 1 they probably would spam any number for votes as it would be evenly just as hard to spam any number, which would more or less evenly just dilute the voting pool. Or as another suggestion in those other threads, a combination, like 1;5, or 1;6, something.

Has anyone gone further than just nullifying 1 and 2? I would like to see what would happen if you made 6-0 the actual votes...and then maybe for 1-5 null.....nah actually make it map extend instead...lmfao
  7. Sep 25, 2010
    The players aren't spamming 1 or 2 because that's the closest key. They are spamming the first option because no one wants to bother to look at votes and decide which one they want to vote for.
  8. Feb 1, 2010
    And when voting is starting it should be auto mute for 10 sec because everyone is spaming vote for one, two etc.
  9. Feb 18, 2011
    Or alternately warn them about mic spam when vote starts and then mute them all if they keep it up.
  10. May 28, 2011
    Yes, but it is rather difficult when 8 people are spamming their mic at the same time. I suppose muting 2 or 3 will cause the rest to notice the example and shut up.
  11. Feb 18, 2011

One simple command... @mute @all
  12. Feb 1, 2010
    Thats why we need auto mute.