Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Strange ban

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Cazador, May 30, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 14, 2011
    I was playing in ZE #1 like 30 min ago. Map was gonna change and I spammed the key where I have binded 'nextmap' and 'timeleft' (both in same). Then I got banned for reason: pwned n00b

o_O

It's ok, maybe I'm banned for spamming chat but, I don't see that ban in Sourcebans. So I'd like to know the exact reason, if possible, and how long this will take.

Thanks

ED: my in-game name is Cazador and steamid: STEAM_0:0:13064847
  2. Sep 25, 2010
    To my understanding spamming timeleft can crash servers, that's probably why you got auto banned by the server. You are going to have to wait till a root deals with this.
  3. Jul 14, 2008
    Why would you spam the timeleft key? Ha! that's what you get for trying to cause trouble!
  4. Sep 25, 2010
    I have played with cazador a lot. He is a regular on ze. He is not the type of person to seek/cause trouble, I can vouch for him if it makes a difference.
  5. Nov 26, 2010
  6. Feb 1, 2010
    You tryed to crash servers and thats why you banned. :thumbsup:
  7. Jun 4, 2006
    Yeah that timeleft spam shit is a protection that's in place, I can't remember though if it's mani-specific and we just never removed it or what... getting pretty tired of dealing with players that get banned by it though... especially since it means manually removing them in SSH, FTP, or HLSW (which I found out works best after I fucked with trying to unban some player for days) and then ensuring the config is written to (which isn't always a walk in the park as mentioned ealier)... it's not THAT much extra work but when you have a shit load of other stuff to do it all adds up and wastes time. <_<

Why would you spam a key anyway? Regardless of the bind spam is bad mmmkay. You should be unbanned, if it happens again I will not unban. Get rid of that fucking bind.
  8. Mar 14, 2011
    Ok thank you!! I'll be good starting now :grin:
  9. Mar 26, 2011
    LOL! Did it say Pwn NOOB :biggrin: I did that one time and i was sad :frown:
  10. Oct 10, 2010
    putting this on a key has only one reason, try crash a server
  11. Feb 21, 2007
    you are a moron for spamming keys. In my opinion, the ban should have stayed.
  12. Mar 14, 2011
    Lol are you kidding? Ppl bind these things, rtv, timeleft, nextmap, etc. If i crash a server with 3 or 4 times asking something to the server, then the server is really ... o_O
  13. Apr 11, 2011
    Or he could have been trying to be a really annoying douche, showing people how much he disliked the current map or trying to convince people to rtv the map. I honestly think he was unaware of the server crash thing, I too was unaware of that till I read this however never would I spam anyone ingame that would just be moronic..
  14. Apr 13, 2011
    I've played on the server with cazador many, many times and I can tell you that he is the antithesis of "annoying douche"
    He actually knows what he's doing on all of the maps and is a great player.

If everybody on the ZE server were like cazador, we would be able to beat mako ultimate mode in record time.
  15. Oct 10, 2010
    its general known that timeleft/nextnap spam did crashes in the past,
    so its stupid bind this on a key...
  16. Apr 13, 2011
    it is general knowledge to people who own servers, to the average player it is not.
    Cazador is not a troll who was trying to crash the server, he's a good player and I wish more people on the server were like him.
  17. Jul 14, 2008
    This thread is done, don't do it again cazador and you will be fine =P

:locked:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.