Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Stupid stupid keyloggers.

Discussion in Help Desk started by RiceKingz, Apr 10, 2012

1. Jun 26, 2011
    Hello pf, its been a long time that i have been on. Im having a trouble here, i think im getting spyed on... Keyloggers. I have Malwarebytes downloaded and i have cleared some stuff that does not belong in my computer, after that my skype account is still getting hacked... i tried changing my pass and others, Everytime i log on i see messages that i sent too wuz not from me... The keyloggers told something to my friend that said " If the owner does change this skype account's password, there would be a email sent to me telling me that he changed his password". Anyy suggestion? ):
  2. Feb 3, 2012
    So, when you log in a message was sent to your friend? Can you please explain some more?
  3. Jun 26, 2011
    idk.. its just wen i got home at like 11pm i went on my computer logged onto skype and saw message that was sent to my friend thats was not from me at around 6pm.
  4. Nov 11, 2011
    1.) Make sure there are no physical attachments on your mouse and keyboard connectors first off all. Then... ugh.
    2.) Run any antivirus such as AVG Free or Microsoft Security Essentials.
    3.) Or get "Spybot Search and Destroy."
    4.) Then go to start, run, and type msconfig. Then go to the startup tab, and uncheck everything except your antivirus and firewall (if you have any). Then click ok and restart your computer. See if that helps. For some reason, I really don't think you're being spied on. Maybe just some Skype security measure... which is automatic if people login from different IP's concurrently or something to that effect.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feb 3, 2012
      Oh, well it's probably someone got into your account. A lot of accounts get intruded by other members by knowing your password in different ways. Have you told your pass to anyone?
    • Jun 26, 2011
      No, i havent. i changed my pass 3 times and the hacker or w/e keeps going on it and talking shit to my friends. its funny but he doesnt go for my facebook, msn, tumblr and more...
    • Feb 9, 2012
      i remember a few days ago someone was commenting about how it was bad to tell people to reformat .

Well i'd like to say...maybe you should reformat your PC. WIPE IT NOWWWW
    • Jun 26, 2011
      Yeah thats what i was thinking, but then my parents wuz like wait till saturday for some reason...
    • Mar 20, 2011
      Chances are is you have a rootkit. You may even have the MBR infected. I would go to another computer and change your passwords to all accounts and do not log into any of your accounts until your computer is wiped. Make sure you delete your MBR as well, don't just do a install over the existing partition/drive.
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Well, he can get rootkit revealers but I doubt he'll be able to spend that much time to look at a thousand entries. lol. Best option in this case would be to backup your files, put in your Windows cd, delete the current partition, and then create a new one and install. You might have to do the advanced setup if you're installing Windows 7/8.
    • Feb 9, 2012
      not sure if backing up files is a good idea, since he could be getting keylogged from a file but i dunno. it's safer to format it completely and just redownload things. (of course there are some things like pictures or maybe videos or things that can't be replaced, in that case just backup those)
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Yeah, that is what I meant. Did you really think I meant backup all executables into a safe place? :ROFL:
    • Jun 4, 2006
      I didn't read anything in this thread but run hitman pro as well, just activate the trial afterward to clean anything it finds if it finds anything. Good at gettin' rootkits especially I've found from experience in dealing with other peoples' fucked up PC's.
    • Nov 11, 2011
      I should edit my post and include that, just to piss you off.
    • Jun 4, 2006
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Jun 26, 2011
      • Feb 18, 2011