Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Sudden ping rising

Discussion in Help Desk started by 3DG, Nov 15, 2011

1. Feb 12, 2011
    Sudden ping rise*

Basically I have the problem that my ping can randomly rise up to 500+ from about 100-150. It happens really suddenly and my browser speed seems normal too, Other than that I don't notice any spikes in the gameplay other than when jumping and people aren't saying they hear my mic cutting out.
    Notice my way too high ping.

I hope someone could shed some light on it on what the cause might be.
  2. Feb 12, 2011
    Dude, could you just be helpful for once? :/
  3. Mar 12, 2008
    quit downloading your happy fun time videos of boys spanking boys while you play CS.

or maybe its connection speed.
  4. Jan 21, 2011
    If you're the only one having issues, it's a problem on your end 99% of the time.
  5. Feb 12, 2011
    It's not my connection speed, it just randomly jumps and ONLY on css, my browsers still work fine as normal. (As an indicator that my connection speed is fine.)

That's obvious but I'm asking for a solution here.
  6. Apr 2, 2011
    How often does it do that? Could just be some random hiccup...I mean, that or God just likes having some fun at your expense...
  7. Feb 12, 2011
    Competely at random, sometimes I have it 5 times in about 20 minutes, sometimes nothing for days.
  8. Mar 12, 2008
    maybe someone's jacking your wifi. you have a wireless router right?

WEP that shit.
  9. Oct 27, 2010
    Or WPA / WPA2 as WEP takes all of three minutes to crack.

If your using a wireless connection I'm willing to bet that this is the cause of the sudden ping rise. Probably some kind of interference and not the product of war driving tho.
  10. Mar 12, 2008
    offering suggestions.

plus if you WEP isn't asdfghjkl;' you should be fine. as long as it has SOME protection on it
  11. Apr 6, 2011
    actually cyber had this problem too.. I think he still does
  12. Jan 11, 2011
    That is because of your internet.
    If everybody had that problem too, It would be a server trouble.
    That's what i think.
  13. Apr 9, 2007
    WEP actually takes around 50 seconds on my phone. Don't be foolin Taters.
  14. Nov 14, 2010
    1. Background are programs running, and using the internet. (Observe Your Task Manager)
    2. Someone's leeching internet wirelessly. (Password Protect Your Connection)

3. You have an outdated router or outdated firmware for the router. (Get a New Router)
    4. Your internet provider is having issues. (Call Them)
    5. (If plugged in) - Your Ethernet Cable may need to be plugged in all the way, or replaced.
    6. (If wireless) - Sometimes Wireless Connections Have Lag-Spike Issues

7. (If internet provider has no solution) - Change providers.

These are all the things I've either dealt with, or have seen before. Hopefully this was helpful.
    If all else fails, and you haven't done so already... Try Google.com
  15. Dec 17, 2010
    I still do have this issue but its not just Counterstrike anymore. All my games lag now my internet seems fine but flash player takes a while for the video's to load. In most of the games my ping spikes past 1000 mark then it goes back to normal. It ended up being my video card once i get the adapters for a dvi connection i am changing mine out with a temporary replacement my friend gave me. And re-installing a burnt windows 7 from a clan member once that arrives.
  16. Mar 12, 2008
    tards like to use easy keywords. not my problem
  17. Oct 27, 2010
    Your keyword could be "B7dkewY74yHie9M36uUuUuU8293peo8bBwemT90pw" and it would still be crackable in seconds. WEP is outdated.
  18. Jan 10, 2009
    meh WPA2 is still crackable.
  19. Oct 27, 2010
    I'm done.

@3DG - Were you able to solve your ping issues?