Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggest a food!

Discussion in The No Count Section started by 911Trigger, Apr 10, 2012

1. Feb 9, 2012
    Man I know everybody loves food, i mean..how can you not love eating. This thread was created for the purpose of introducing different kinds of food to others. It can be your own creation or something you've ate that isn't really common.
    Pictures would be great too (but it is lame that people judge how a food might taste just by looking at it.)
    Remember to tell how you can get it/make it otherwise how else would others be able to try it.
    I love trying out new food, and if i can a place that sells what you suggest (and it interests me) i will probably go try it out. Please try to not suggest a food that is gonna cost $15+ >_> unless it's just for ingredients and you can make more than 1

I'll start off.

If anybody likes tacos, you MUST try a taco from any mexican tacquerias. They are WAY better than ''taco bell'' tacos but the downside is they can be costly. they range from about $1-$2. They use REAL meat (they let you decide what kind of taco you want) with chopped onions, and some other things. what i love most about these tacos are the Tortillas. OMG i dunno how they made it but it is delicious. also while you visit, try a burrito, you'll want more a few days later.

(Eat these two food with some Lime also)

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Nov 2, 2011
      Best ramen ever.
    • Feb 9, 2012
      can you describe what's in it or what kind of ramen it is. cuz in the picture it looks sorta meh (mainly cuz the coloring =/...id feel better knowing what's in it first)
    • Jul 20, 2010
      LAWLS we make the tortillas :razz:. For those most of the time they dip them in oil/homemade sauce before heating them up. Me and my mom make those type of tacos like 5 times out of the month. You could make them at home also like I do. Just go to a carniceria or a mexican supermarket that has one and get some carne asada not that expensive, then buy the mexican tortillas and whatever you want to place on your taco and there you go :grin:.

I for one love sopes :grin: [IMG] [IMG]

It'll cost you over 15 bucks to make them but you can make like fucking 60 of these from one chicken :grin:. Just buy a whole chicken cook it in a pot and then shred all the meat off it. You then place that meat in a pan with a nice chili/tomato sauce into the pan with the chicken and then cook it some more so the chicken soaks in the flavor of the sauce. It's mainly water/California red peppers you can add onions if you want to it and tomatoes, more flavor with the more stuff you add of course. Now while the chicken is cooking you take some masa you can buy this at any mexican supermarket or bakery. You take this masa and make small little plate like thingys that you see in those pictures and then place those on the stove over a skillet and let them get cooked a little so they aren't soft like the masa anymore. After that you simply drop them into a pan with oil frying them on both sides and place them on plate put some of that chicken that is flavored with the sauce add some mexican cheese(dry or wet) along with some lettuce or cabbage your pic and enjoy.

EDIT: Brian gonna rage at me again for having a mexican mother making such great food and teaching me how to much such great food :razz:
      • Like Like x 1
      • Feb 9, 2012
        mm yeh. my gf's mom's boyfriend makes tacos sometimes when i come over and it tastes awesome. everytime i come over i ask him to make it for me but the tortilla doesnt exactly taste the same as the ones in tacquerias, but guessing that's just due to how he makes them.

For the picture on the right, why is the masa (im guessing that's what it is) covered in some yellow thing (is that cheese or what?) if that is the cheese then what are those white chunks on top of it.

getting 60 of those for 15 bucks sounds good, better than buying 3 big macs.
      • Jul 20, 2010
        That yellowing is the frying of the sopes. It kinda of takes in some of the oil so you get a yellowish color to the masa.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Eggplant Parmesan (will try to think of other good stuff, too tired right now)
        [IMG]

The Reuben Sandwich! (a Jewish deli called Steve's Deli by me sells a huge ass Reuben for $12, my treat every once in a while.)
        [IMG]

Waiting for the derp to come in and link us to older food threads saying this is "unneeded." Who will take the prize?
        • Like Like x 1
        • Feb 9, 2012

the eggplant parmesan looks like eggplant with spaghetti =D. i love spaghetti also..yumm..
        • Dec 6, 2011
          Honestly, I'd pay $20 for the sandwich. It comes with their signature pickles, some AMAZING high quality coleslaw in a 10oz (or so) cup, and a choice of their rather unique sides, that are $4 or so if you buy them separate.
        • Nov 2, 2011
          It has pork, soft boiled egg and the most awesome broth ever :O
        • Dec 2, 2011
          Sooo good i recently Havent been able to eat at McDonald bk wendys anywhere fast food!! its all the same smashed in to a patty between 2 buns. Add bacon or chesse and you got any ones buger. Nasty. But this tacos i have gotten them since i was a child and they are delicous and i only pay a dollar.
          Or on tuesdays if you know what dell taco is they have 3 for 1$ tacos and burritos! They good for mass amounts of ppl.
        • Nov 29, 2010
          [IMG]
          [IMG]
        • Mar 12, 2008
          They are fuckin delicious. Corn tortillas are the best for those kind of soft tacos too.

Here's something my dad likes to make

What you need:
          A large deep pan skillet or stovetop pot (you can use the one you've boiled the pasta in, if it's deep enough)

1 or two bottles of a White sauce, or Alfredo sauce (you can use a tomato sauce as well, but won't come out as good)

A couple cans of mixed vegetables (any kind, doesn't matter)

A couple packages of pasta (rotini works best for holding sauce)

2-3 lb. ground beef, preferrably no more than 85% lean 15% fat

Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion powder --the basics

How to prepare:
          Boil pasta, brown the ground beef, drain the mixed veggie cans

Add everything to the pot, season to taste and stir it up. Serve.

This is THE best rainy-day food ever. Even a small portion of it can fill you up. I can stuff myself, and get through a whole 8-hour workday w/o worrying about lunch!

It serves about 6-7 with room for lots of leftovers. We have a big family, so when he cooks he makes sure there's always extra.

I'll get a pic when i can, it's delicious.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Apr 9, 2007

FROOT LOOPS.
            [IMG]
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Aug 1, 2011

[IMG]

One of my personal favorites, the French Dip!
              • Like Like x 1
              • Feb 9, 2012
                What is it called? looked sorta like Pho imo, but seems small.
              • Dec 6, 2011
                Fuck yea. The place where I get my Reuben also sells this, the thing is a monster.
              • Jun 17, 2011
              • Jul 19, 2011
              • May 27, 2008