Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggest more maps for Customs/MG

Discussion in CS:S Custom Maps started by dillinger, Jun 28, 2015

1. Feb 1, 2011
    There is a metric fuckton of maps we could check out considering we can do cs/de/mg/fy/surf/etc on this server. The maps we have so far are solid, but we could establish more variety and have 'something for everyone' if we hand-picked some more great maps. Throwback defusal maps, fun fy_ maps, standout MG maps, the sky is the limit!

I figured this thread could be a 'brainstorm potentially tight maps' thread instead of overloading Rets with suggestions that may or may not work. Then as people narrow down stuff they think is definitely sweet, we could throw over a solid list to Rets on the map suggestion thread:

Click here for map suggestion thread
    http://plaguefest.com/threads/map-suggestion-thread-cs-s.687/

So yea, throw your random ideas on here, and if you're positive a map would work (enough spawnpoints, everything functions, not a shitty map), then go link it on the main map suggestion thread so we can get some more variety on Customs! I will be looking through a few things and tossing them up shortly
    • Agree Agree x 1
      dillinger, Jun 28, 2015 Last edited by dillinger, Sep 2, 2015
    • Jun 4, 2006
      I added these maps last year when customs first launched but never got around to testing them. They're still on the server / fastDL, so feel free to test them out. Just be sure to post which ones you've tested.

Code:
      awp_txt
      cs_italy_tactik3
      cs_pension
      cs_pipeline
      de_agency
      de_coldhaze
      de_contra
      de_coroners_b1
      de_cpl_strike
      de_deathcookin
      de_dust2_classic
      de_inferno_classic
      de_nuke_classic
      de_tuscan
      fy_hospital_v2
      ka_liftoff_lego
      parallel_universe
      de_dust2_imitation_v5
      de_gasoline_beta
      de_hiekka_v3
      de_leika
      de_loop
      de_losttemple
      de_nightfever
      de_nighthawk_pro
      de_rakovanie
      de_slummi
      de_snowbomb
      de_syksy
      de_tehdas_v2
      de_tvj_2000_adv
      de_tydirium_b1
      de_varasto_v3
      de_villa
      de_yucatan
      • Like Like x 1
      • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
      • Dec 27, 2012
        I myself enjoyed jump_obstacles maps. They were really fun, kinda like climb.
      • Apr 28, 2013
        Can you add mg_lt_glacier to rotation again?
        • Agree Agree x 3
        • Feb 1, 2011
          SICK! I will take a look at as many of these as I can. Are they all already checked for enough spawns or do I need to check on that?
        • Feb 27, 2012
          if you cant find the GB page or if it's not specified on their page, you can download them one by one and type (with cheats enabled) report_entities. Add together all the info_player_counterterrorist and info_player_terrorist and that's how many spawns you have.
          • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
          • Feb 1, 2011
            Awesome, thanks man!
          • Feb 1, 2011
            fy_hospital_v2

Not fit for rotation :frown: parallel universe has some weird bug where bullets don't register 90% of the time, and hospital is just too huge and complicated. Will try more soon and look thru gamebanana etc for more ideas!
            • Like Like x 1
            • Oct 18, 2012
              mg office course please please please for the love of god please
            • Jun 4, 2006
              Since we're taking suggestions I'm gonna reiterate something I posted when customs was being setup about map types:
              tl;dr no course maps or maps where you can't shoot / kill other players. Those maps are better suited for their own server, not customs.
              • Informative Informative x 1
              • Feb 1, 2011

Customs has been attracting crowds pretty frequently, but the enjoyable map selection is slim. If we could get some more maps suited for small-medium player counts it would be sweet.

I've been looking through maps and plan to do more of that - I'll post suggestions when I find stuff!

Post your suggestions here or on the map suggestion thread. Keep in mind Customs/MG has a 48 player limit so check the spawn count on maps you look up.

Click for map suggestion thread
                • Like Like x 1
                  dillinger, Sep 2, 2015 Last edited by dillinger, Sep 2, 2015
                • Feb 27, 2012
                  If you guys aren't sure where to look for maps, here's the Gamebanana page. Just select the Game Mode on the right side. So if you choose Mini Game, it will only show MG maps.
                  http://css.gamebanana.com/maps
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • May 17, 2014
                    I remember glacier. I used to play it all the time on the MG server a few years ago.
                  • Feb 21, 2007
                    please put them in map suggestion thread, as I don't check this regularly, but I do try to check there frequently
                  • Feb 1, 2011
                    If people post stuff here I will take a look and repost on the map suggestion thread if they have the proper amount of spawns, etc. I definitely wouldn't make ya watch a 2nd thread.