Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion: Ban M249 and Negev on GO ZE?

Discussion in CS:GO Zombie Escape started by Hypothermia, Aug 21, 2012

1. Aug 20, 2012
    So I realize this isn't going to be a very popular opinion, but I feel I need to say it. LMGs in Zombie Escape ruin everything. They have too much ammo and too much push-back, both allowing a single human to hold off multiple zombies with little to no effort and making all other weapons worthless. Now sure, the player has to reload sometime, but if they're backpedaling or have a friend with an LMG by their side it doesn't matter.

Without LMGs people would be able to choose weapons that suit their play style or the map, adding an additional layer to ZE (I am speaking from experience here), so please at least consider my suggestion.

Thank you for your time.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • May 14, 2012
      without those 2 weapons your pretty much forcing everyone to use p90
    • Aug 20, 2012
      Not at all, while the p90 may be one of the best automatic weapons, it is roughly on par with a shotgun, assault rifle or even a sniper rifle in the hands of a skilled player.
    • May 27, 2008
      I wouldn't see a straight up ban on the two. At most, I would see the two getting KB reduction when we have the time to work on it.
    • Aug 20, 2012
      I wasn't sure if that was possible, but if it is that would be a nice middle-ground.
    • Mar 12, 2008
    • May 31, 2012
      But I think in CSS:ZE you can buy m249, can't you?
    • Aug 20, 2012
      Some servers banned it, that's how I learned of the wonder that is an LMG free ZE server.
    • Aug 20, 2012
      I actually agree with OP on this one, these weapons need to be changed or removed.
    • Mar 12, 2008
      if everyone used snipers all the time in ze we wouldnt get very far

kinda but the p90 is the best weapon for CSS ze IMO.
    • Jun 18, 2012
      I've played a few rounds and tryed different weapons, and I think I've also used the LMG, trust me, if you're the only one covering you're damn happy you got some firepower. Besides that I think that not even 12 hours into the game it's to early to say a weapon should be banned.
    • Jul 20, 2010
      Yea they wont get banned, right now there's little to no knockback at all >.> We'll be looking at knockback for each gun and see what's ok just give it some time and be patient. :grin:
      • Like Like x 1
      • Aug 20, 2012
        That's... not what I said. On some maps, in the hands of an experienced player a sniper rifle can be a very good weapon, but obviously if we all used them we'd die very quickly. This is one of my problems with LMGs, if every single person on a server uses one, you have a much higher chance of winning than with any other gun.
        Post Merged, Aug 21, 2012
        Good to know you guys are looking into it, I don't want to cause trouble but I just felt it was worth suggesting.
      • Apr 9, 2012
        Lol. Valve does all the effort to finally add new weapons which is something superb for ZE, and you want it gone, might as well keep playing on CS:S for that matter
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Mar 15, 2012
          I personally dont mind if they get removed. Or simply nerf them a bit, then it´s fine
        • May 27, 2008
          I think everyone is overlooking my initial post. The game is still fresh. Give it some time to be worked on.

Thanks.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Aug 20, 2012
            This is actually why I posted this suggestion so early after CS:GO's official release. I figure since there's a lot of work being done on the game right now it's good to toss a couple of ideas out there.
          • Nov 11, 2011
            That's usually never a good idea. A game in development will break a few times, needs to go through a breaking-in period, then come the suggestion and mods (but pF already worked on the ZE/ZM mod very well, props :thumbsup: ). In any case, take Peters advice and let the game go about its course for a few weeks before nerfing anything.