Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion: Toggle Weapon Sounds Plugin

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by ColdZero, Apr 20, 2013

1. Jul 17, 2012
    I found this plugin quite nice, you can disable all weapon sounds from your teammates for yourself just by typing !stopsound in the chat.

Especially during boss fights on ZE or generally on ZM many people would enjoy this.

DL Link: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=183478
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Apr 9, 2007
      That's what this plugin doesn't do :frown: It's all players, which would create obvious issues the moment you turn into a zombie.
    • Apr 17, 2013
      I've seen this plugin in use on another ZE server. When !sm_stopsound or !stopsound is entered into their chat, all weapon sounds (except your own) are silenced until you rejoin. It'd be a lot easier listening to things being said over the mic without bombardments of P90s in the way.
      Bobkitty, Apr 29, 2013 Last edited by Kyle, Apr 29, 2013
    • May 17, 2011
      datdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatfireintheholedatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatneedbackupdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdat
      • Informative Informative x 3
      • Jul 8, 2012
        voice_overdrive x (in console that is) where x is any number 1-100 works just fine as well if you want to hear voices over gunfire.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Apr 12, 2012
          Yeah but what if you want to hear the music over the gunfire?
        • Jul 8, 2012
          Haha I haven't gotten that far yet. Not sure yet :bugeyes:
        • May 18, 2012
          Then don't turn into a zombie? Problem solved :razz:
        • Apr 12, 2012
          Hence this plugin :wink: (I don't know of a way either, aside from hopefully this or a similar plugin)
        • Oct 29, 2010
          Low weapon-volume sound pack can be downloaded from this thread:

Note: Insert the volume pack into steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\custom\my_custom_stuff\sound
        • Apr 3, 2013

We really need a !stopsound option, having 40 p90's (and three awps) firing makes your mind go insane.
        • Jan 21, 2011
        • Apr 3, 2013
          Day 142: The sound of p90's still pierces my ears.
        • Jul 20, 2012
          Why replace sounds instead of just typing !stopsound? An ignore plugin would be cool aswell.
        • Feb 3, 2012
          Have you tried turning down your volume? :nerd:
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Apr 3, 2013
            My volume isn't high atm, it's quite low, but when you're holding with a full team, it can get really annoying.
          • Jul 20, 2012
            Because then you can hear the action in background. The volume is soft when lowered. Only thing that I haven't figured out to do something about is the high pitch grenade explotions.
          • May 27, 2008
            Why riddle the server with more plugins for new users and everyone alike to download when clearly it's only bothersome to a few users? It's a two way street.
          • Jul 20, 2012