Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion: Zombie grenades

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by holychild666, Apr 17, 2017

1. Dec 30, 2007
    After three or four kills as a zombie in a round, the zombie gains a grenade. This allows three things:

1. It gives zombies an incentive to play harder. It will make zombies more aggressive instead of zombies just standing around because they lost hope.

2. It gives zombies a chance to knock down cades that are practically impossible to move at times.

3. Brings challenge to humans and human dominated maps

Is this possible?
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 2
      holychild666, Apr 17, 2017 Last edited by holychild666, Apr 17, 2017
    • Oct 29, 2010
      I like the idea of rewarding killing and receiving a form of ranged damage, I think grenades might be too harmful to cades though. Certainly there are some cades that can take a grenade or two, but I think the majority tend to fall to pieces with a properly placed grenade.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jul 26, 2016
        If you were online during the zme testing, you could see that headcrab had this ability already there.
      • Dec 30, 2007
        I was. I liked it, but it's limited to the headcrab. If all zombies had a perk, it would allow all zombies to try harder.

Maybe allow zombies to pick up dropped grenades?
        holychild666, Apr 17, 2017 Last edited by holychild666, Apr 17, 2017
      • Jul 26, 2016
        Maybe it'd be better to wait with this untill you see the final version of zme.
        • Like Like x 2
        • Feb 1, 2011
          Agree for the most part -- it could maybe work if there was a max nade limit for the whole zombie team, like 2-4 per round.

Cool idea, I bet it would make for a really interesting game mechanic and definitely would favor zombies in those "impossible" scenarios.
          • Good Idea Good Idea x 3
          • Dec 30, 2007
            or maybe halve the grenade strength for zombies? i do like limiting the number of allowable grenades per round
          • Jul 26, 2016