Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Summer Projects Thread

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Benvolio, May 21, 2013

1. Mar 4, 2012
    So it seems people have been posting threads lately on their summer projects and I have a few things I'm working on at the moment that I wanted to talk about so I figured I would make this thread for everyone to talk about what they're planning on doing and so they can ask for advice/support from others.

To start things off,

1) Work on my guitar playing -- specifically start learning some classical guitar.

I'm self taught although I have taken guitar lessons after already playing for a year just to work on some more technical stuff but I didn't really learn a lot of new stuff.

Working on this song now and it's coming pretty easily which is a relief. It'll just take me a couple weeks to get the transitioning down completely and figuring out the best/proper finger placement.

Shitty quality I know.

At some point I would like to be able to play like this guy

2) Learn the piano

I took lessons when I was younger but I don't remember anything except the which keys are which. I need to reteach myself how to read sheet music but that shouldn't be too difficult.

Learning this song now which is also coming pretty easily. (Yes I know all of these songs are from Clannad -- just finished the show it's pretty fucking good and the music is awesome).

And I want to be able to play like this guy at some point

I also want to study a bit of music theory so I can better understand what I'm playing.

3) Get in better shape.

I haven't really worked out on my own since December (I had Army PT for 3 days a week during school but its pretty easy for anyone in good shape) and I want to gain 15 lbs in muscle so I can sit at 170 lbs. I've actually lost 5 lbs in weight over that time and my diet is horrible so that basically means I lost muscle.

Planning on buying that mask thing that simulates working out in high altitudes that Brett posted a few months ago.

That's pretty much it for me. I've been helping my parents with their projects, just made a 5m x 10m garden for my mother in the back yard. My dad and I rented a tiller and spent a day doing that. The parents are planting corn, egg plant, tomatoes and some other stuff in it. I'm helping them plant a peach tree in the backyard and some blueberry and blackberry bushes. We're also cutting down the dying tree in the front yard and planting a cherry blossom.

Any tips for the guitar and piano would also be greatly appreciated.
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dec 27, 2012
      Oh god, Lilium! Love that song. Not gonna bother watching Elfen Lied again though, too much for me to handle.:frown: :hammer:
      I'm a loser in life, self explanatory.