Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Surf

Discussion in Future Servers started by Spyro40k, Oct 18, 2012

1. Aug 10, 2012
    I saw a thread on this on the last page, and there wasn't a final answer. It just ended.
    Anyhow, I wasn't sure on if I should bump it or start a new. I thought starting a new would be better.
    So, surf server?

I'd say either surf rpg or surf dm. But I'll see what you guys have to say.

how to surf?
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Nov 11, 2011

[IMG]

Should have just bumped it up, maybe edit your post here and include the old URL in case people want to read the posts that were already made.
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Feb 1, 2011
        GREAT IDEA! Except I'd prefer SkillSurf/SurfTimer over Surf RPG or deathmatch.
        • Agree Agree x 3
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • May 14, 2011

Assuming mods will even consider this. :3
        • Aug 10, 2012
          Dunno, alot of people play surf for fun and killing etc. Not for racing.
          But then again, what do I know?
          ps. Sajak is happy and optimistic winner'd you
          Electric Princess, Oct 18, 2012 Last edited by Spyro40k, Oct 18, 2012
        • Nov 11, 2011
        • Oct 29, 2010
          I could definitely see myself playing on a surf rpg or dm server, not so much into the surf stuff dilli plays.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Jan 21, 2011
            I despised the surf rpg/dm server I played on a while back. Some fuckers camped the end with maxed stats kill whoring. Not fun.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • May 15, 2011
              Surf is ok as long as shit maps aren't added. I often go around to look for good servers, but you often end up on maps that are completely retarded, often having people killed right as it starts. I beleive a surf server COULD work, as long as proper maps were picked.

I don't actually see this happening but good luck! You'll probably need it!
            • May 14, 2012
              I'd like a Skillsurf/Surftimer server also... I find RPG and Deathmatch to be very boring due to everyone just camping the jail the whole time, and the surfing part is pretty much a joke with long jump maxed (on most servers doesnt take very long to max).
            • Feb 27, 2012
              I enjoy surf quite a bit. A surf server would be cool! Maybe put it in place of lila panic, since nobody has really played on that server in a week.
              [IMG]
              • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
              • Dec 5, 2009
                That happens a lot with surf RPG. Its harder for new players to rank up when the higher stat people just demolish everyone.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Nov 11, 2011
                  You know what... I fucking support this notion. I wasn't trying to sound like a prick in my first post (dillinger thought I was -.-)... but seeing as how ZMP is pretty much always dead... it wouldn't hurt to try a surf server. I mean in all honesty, we did discuss the amount of money and labor it would involve (mainly on Kyle's watch) to implement a surf server. Several people from pF know a lot of surfers who would fill up our servers mainly due to our policies for in-server conduct and would gladly leave their current ones. I believe there is a large fan base that can easily be ours but of course, management would have to take the first step. I say :thumbsup: for the server.
                  • Agree Agree x 3
                  • Feb 24, 2011
                    I highly approve, as my vote goes to the skill-based surfing with linear maps and stage based maps. I never really liked surf-DM that much.
                    I wouldn't say that a surftimer is deathly necessary, but it would be a really nice feature to include. (if this would pass through)

No pressure intended towards Kyle*
                    • Agree Agree x 4
                    • Apr 20, 2011
                    • Oct 20, 2011
                    • Aug 10, 2012
                    • May 14, 2011

Mini-games is a game mode to itself. Small map based minigames. Not full mods on one server.
                    • Dec 6, 2011
                      I wouldn't mind a skill surf server where you can just keep going and don't have to worry about restarting/getting killed by point whores. That was one thing that helped me choose which surf server I'd always play.

My vote goes towards a skill surf server. Now the only thing left to do is... um... who's daring enough to tag Kyle???
                    • May 15, 2011
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Funny Funny x 1