Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

surf_greatriver_2015 (+CS:S link)

Discussion in Completed Maps started by JorisCeoen, Oct 18, 2015

1. Apr 9, 2012

DOWNLOADS:

For CS:GO (Workshop)
    For CS:S

In an effort to support the surf community on CS:GO, which has had a slow launch ever since the game launched back in 2013, I decided to remake one of the most popular surf maps, mainly because ports seemed unsuccesful, and honestly the map has always been a mash-up of poor graphical design.

The concept, however, was great and still remains to this day. Out of respect for the original map I ensured that all proportions and positions of the solid framework of the original remains in the new version (in other words, it should play the same). Below are some images, and a trailer.

Changelog
    V1_1:
    • Fixed ramp errors (sudden stops due to collision model, now gone. 100% failproof).
    • Fixed jail door (bar animations are in sync with sound and buttonpress). Also fixed jailbutton conflicts that would bug out the open/close state of the jail door.
    • Fixed an error related to teleporting to top from bottom, which would randomly switch between actual top and top of garage.
    • Added respawnable weapons. Only weapons with an effect under them are respawnable (trolling by picking up and throwing away weapons is impossible thanks to weapon_managers).
    • Added waterfall particles. These will only show if the server has a particle precacher plugin (ask zombie escape servers on how to install or get these).
    • Improved overall cubemapping, lighting and textures. HDR tonemapping available, model tweaks to improve the waterfall effect and more.
    • Improved optimized slightly.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 6
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
      JorisCeoen, Oct 18, 2015 Last edited by JorisCeoen, Aug 1, 2017
    • Oct 29, 2010
      This looks awesome, greatriver has always been my favorite surf map.
      • Programming King Programming King x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Feb 27, 2012
        This looks absolutely gorgeous!! Nice work!
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Feb 1, 2011
          Noice! Put this joink on customs ASAP :grin:

EDIT oh wait it's CSGO, still tight!
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Apr 9, 2012
            An identical CS:S version is underway very soon :smile:
            • Like Like x 4
            • Apr 9, 2012
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
              • Apr 9, 2012
                surf_greatriver_2015_v1_1 has been released. I had promised these updates a long time ago (almost more than 2 years by now), so I couldn't bear just leaving these out undone for so long. These changes mark my departure from the surf community, so I'd rather have the work left in that community be at proper standards. The changes in this update are numerous, of which the most important are listed here:
                • Fixed ramp errors (sudden stops due to collision model, now gone. 100% failproof).
                • Fixed jail door (bar animations are in sync with sound and buttonpress). Also fixed jailbutton conflicts that would bug out the open/close state of the jail door.
                • Fixed an error related to teleporting to top from bottom, which would randomly switch between actual top and top of garage.
                • Added respawnable weapons. Only weapons with an effect under them are respawnable (trolling by picking up and throwing away weapons is impossible thanks to weapon_managers).
                • Added waterfall particles. These will only show if the server has a particle precacher plugin (ask zombie escape servers on how to install or get these).
                • Improved overall cubemapping, lighting and textures. HDR tonemapping available, model tweaks to improve the waterfall effect and more.
                • Improved optimized slightly.
                To easily keep track of updates, subscribe to the workshop. By doing so the newest version will automatically be downloaded and installed in your CS:GO directory, so there's nothing manual to do. Should you wish to install manually anyways, you can go to the GameBanana version instead.
                A CS:S version will only be on its way if communities ask for it. Should PlagueFest wish for a CS:S version, they should contact me, here or through a PM or on Steam.
                Enjoy!
                • Mapping King Mapping King x 3
                • Like Like x 2
                • Oct 29, 2010
                  • Agree Agree x 2
                  • Apr 9, 2012
                    When I'm back from vacation (1st of August), I'll create the CS:S version.
                    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
                    • Aug 6, 2016
                      I will have more time off from work, starting the 5th of August. Hoping to help break in that map. :razz:
                    • Aug 10, 2013
                      Dude the map looks so sick! Make some more for cs:s if you can/ have the time :razz: I don't play CS:GO unfortunately. But all in all, legit!
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Apr 9, 2012
                        The port to CS:S is now live and tested: http://gamebanana.com/maps/196425
                        I hope people will enjoy it. It's identical to the CS:GO version as I ported it straight from the original .vmf from inside 3DS Max.

[IMG]
                        • Like Like x 1