Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

SWBF_Coruscant

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by GodWanA, Jul 12, 2012

1. Jul 31, 2011
    hello everyone im woeking on a map conversion from Star Wars Battlefront II everything looks cool but i want to add multiple gamemodes what need respawning players. have anyone idea how can i set this in a single map?

anyway a preview video:

and The Clone Wars Textures preview:

[IMG] [IMG]

more info here
    • Like Like x 1
    • May 15, 2011
      Lookin' good. I remember playing Battlefront II, aah. Those were fun days. ^^ I really look forward to the completion of the map, and good luck.

On a side note, this was one of my favorite maps for Battlefront. +1
    • Dec 6, 2011
      From the lighting, I thought this was CS:GO for a second. Damn this looks good. Keep up the awesome work man!

May I ask, what game-mode is this for?
    • Jul 31, 2011
      i mean multiple gammodes, so i thought: deathmatch; conquest; 2-flag ctf or/and a 1flag ctf mode.
      and ive got a newer question: what do u think about gamemode chooser: just in the first time round or each rounds?
    • May 14, 2011
      You could turn this into a good ze map if you blocked off certain parts of the map and added arrows etc.

Would require a lot of effort but from looking at the map you can handle it xD.

P.S.: Looks amazing.
      Post Merged, Jul 12, 2012
      And I dont think a game mode chooser would be good for this.

No offence.
    • Nov 11, 2011
    • Dec 6, 2011
    • Jul 31, 2011

no not realy coz the most mg maps are bad and u dont have gun or if u have u cant hurt anyone until the last part, etc
      so there is an important information: THIS IS NOT A MINIGAME! it is a Star Wars Battlefront 2 conversion=> SWBF what have coquest/deathmatch/hunt/2flag ctf/1flag ctf/ assault and hero assault gamemodes
    • May 15, 2011
      Not twoo~ If you recall, the whole gameplay was based on capturing objectives. With this in mind, each control point has at least 2 methods of entering it. IMO, for ZE, it would be best to start the CT's in the back of the library, upstairs. From up their, they have to run into that weird green/blue place that connects to the top most control point, with all the computers that I love blowing up. :3 If you use some funky little doodads, change the team color from Red to blue on something just like in the original, then once they have finished capturing that point, a door or something opens (Maybe debris is moved/lock down door is opened.) and they can continue to the council room. This one will be a bit trickier, and I might suggest re-creating it as I saw in your map that the stairs were rather short compared to how the actual map was. For making it hold point worthy, adding fallen debris/ holes in the stairs would make for good path makers, forcing zombies slower up the large stairway. And so no one decides to go running out into the middle right off the bat, that can be were zombies spawn are teleported to when they spawn. Thus, keeping the CT's on the outskirts for now.

After successfully holding the council room and capturing the control point, the blue thing comes and the CT's can continue down the large corridor. For here possibly use explosions to clear debris from their path now that they are ready to continue. Now the Star field room can be fun, if you seperate half the CT's here, making them defend the corridor they recently came through, and have a security door/ the debris in one of the attaching doors be removed, then you can have another access point for zombies. This one should be a lot easier to defend as the entrance is so narrow, but is still a threat if untreated. When the CT's capture the control point, the CT's defending outside fall back with the rest and the security door is fixed/ or something happens to help them. They run through the south door, down the stairs and into the lower room. (Sorry if I get some things mixed up, this is all by memory, from about 6 or 7 years ago. ^^) Another generic hold point, not much to do with this one. As I recall, it only has the two entrances, front and back. I would say block one somehow so it is easier on the humans, making this one a bit of a break for them, since the last one would have been strenuous on the teams nerves. Now yay, they get to make their way to the front balcony. The balcony is extremely large (even has room for a secret something over on the left due to that small ridge.) and I suggest somehow adding the turrets that normally reside there. Possibly some barricades for the humans. From here they just have to defend, capture, and a... I forgot the name to the Clones assault ship. ^^' But that thing will pick them up and that's how the CT's win. :D

I don't know if you actually want to cause that would be ALOT of work but it's just a suggestion. ^^ I use to play this game daily with my sisters. So I know most of the maps by memory now. Even though it has been quite some time. It was always one of my favorite games.
    • Jul 31, 2011
      sory man im not read all of that litany but i see u writing about ze. so when i said "there is no way to make a ze map" i meant i wont make ze coz i think this map is too small to make ze and I DONT WANT TO CREATE ZE MAPS.

but ive got a problem that was my first sentence: "hello everyone im woeking on a map conversion from Star Wars Battlefront II everything looks cool but i want to add multiple gamemodes what need respawning players. have anyone idea how can i set this in a single map?"

this is the only thing what i want to know the others are not useful comments.
    • May 15, 2011
      Oh ok. ^^ From what I understand, you want to create the gameplay modes from the original game right? Capture the flag/Conquest and the regular deathmatch. For each one you will most likely have to create a new .bsp for each, but yes all of them are possible.
    • Jul 31, 2011
      thats okay but have u got any idea how can i make respawning players in the map without any server plugin?
    • May 15, 2011
      Not at all, I don't think you can, unless you ask some better mappers like Luffy or Grudge. From what I understood from before threads, this is only possible through plugins.
    • May 14, 2011
      you could loop the command sm_respawn @ ct and @ t (dont do @ all because this re-spawns spectators)

Don't forget to include the equivilant rcon (or other thing, I think its rcon) command.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Jul 31, 2011
        a newer update: im finised a newer part of the map and im added a new ammo droid model (by yaznee, and it looks realy realy great) and im created a random music player with 10 songs from the new and the original series. i wanted from the republic commando too but its a different style.

here are some pic from the lastes finished room (cp missing):

[IMG]
        [IMG]
        [IMG]
        • Like Like x 2
        • Jul 31, 2011
          anyway the dev version is available for beta test. it can show how it will be looks like and it working with a few random music too, but not the all. it dont have the gamemodes yet bcoz its still all source games base version. dods and tf2 dont need classes but the hl2 and the css need.

if it interest u then send a pm and i can give a dload link
        • May 14, 2011

Add me on steam. I could also leave it running on my test server so you can invite people to come and test etc. Just PM me on steam. :smile:
        • May 14, 2011

Please note I am only nit picking and many of these may be fixed after you add proper textures.

2012-07-14_00001

That just looks ugly. Especially ass room is dark and that is bright white.

2012-07-14_00002

You can see shadow where func_breakable starts.

2012-07-14_00003

Bad 3D skybox alignment

2012-07-14_00004

Fix the distance at which fog starts inside 3D skybox.

2012-07-14_00005

When glass breaks this happens. (Its very noticable)

2012-07-14_00006

You need more lighting in general.

2012-07-14_00007

func_breakable material is wood. I dont know what the real texture will be but this just seems like something you overlooked while making it to me.

2012-07-14_00008

Yet again the fog really annoyed me. (in contrast to the dark map)

2012-07-14_00009

You can see the 3D skybox start because of the shadow change. (just add a ledge there to cover it up)

I will yet again say I am nit picking here.
        • Jul 31, 2011
          Ok imupdated the textures what is finished so there is nothing much news. now looks better, but there is still no full compiles just fasts. as u can see the video

• Like Like x 2
          • May 5, 2011
            Looks amazing, cant wait to see the final product :grin: Keep up the good work!