Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Tablet ASUS T100TA good enough?

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Cuniczek, Nov 3, 2013

1. Oct 4, 2012
    Hello, I'd like to buy this http://www.alza.cz/EN/asus-t100ta-32gb-gray-d484493.htm tablet. Yes, I want Windows 8, use docs on it at school, browsing internet, and maybe watching movies or playing some old games (Hammer should work on it too, right? hue). Important thing is that they give free Xbox 360 with it and I want that. Also, the Xbox has only 4GB HDD, can I just replace it with another? Whatcha think?
  2. Apr 3, 2013

But that's around 500$, and you apparently get an xbox 360 with it. I'd say it would be worth it, looking at the stats.
    Thread title asks if it is good enough, but good enough for what?
  3. Oct 4, 2012
    Goto bed, for doing normal ordinary regular stuff that everyone would do? (and mapping, of course)

Tablets are pretty expensive here, so I'm asking if this is worth buying. I don't want to get angry like with my Nokya (shh, many years old Symbian).
  4. Jul 23, 2012

Mapping on a tablet, what.

I do think you can buy other HDD's for xbox 360's. My friend would regularly bring his over 'cause his had our accounts on it. But all of this for a tablet with a free 360? Why not just buy a cheap tablet and a used 360?
  5. Feb 27, 2012
    The tablet comes with a dock that lets you use a keyboard with it. It's basically it's a convertible laptop.

Also, yes, you can upgrade the HDD's on the xbox. I have no idea if you can just go out and buy your own and stick it in, or if you have to get a microsoft one. Probably have to get it from microsoft, like in a walmart or order it.
  6. Dec 6, 2011

Seems good to me, I don't know the pricing or conversion though. 2GB RAM and that CPU will run Hammer pretty damn slow though, even if you can get it working. I'm not sure how well Win 8 works, I haven't had enough experience with it to see its performance hit compared to Win 7.

For the Xbox 360, any 2.5in HDD will fit into your console, even over 1TB, I don't believe there's a limitation. You just need to be sure it's a 2.5in notebook drive and is not higher than 9.5mm in height or something like that. To swap it out, there's numerous Youtube videos out there, you need to take it out of the casing they have. Paying like $200 for a "Microsoft 320GB" hard drive is a fucking rip off. It's just a cheapo 5400rpm 8MB cache laptop drive in a case. Probably costs them $30 to buy it.
  7. Oct 4, 2012
    Okay, I'll buy this one.
    I don't really need Hammer to live but it would be kinda cool if I could map some simple stuff on it.
    To get dollars divide the bottom price by 19 ($580). This would be normal price even without console. Some with i5 are for like $1500.
    Let's hope I can find a dead laptop, hue.
  8. Aug 2, 2010
    Anytime there's a free Xbox 360, it's a pretty good deal. I sold off the Xbox 360 I got for free with my laptop for $200.
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1