Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Tablet Discussion

Discussion in Android started by Zenzr, Nov 7, 2013

1. Jul 8, 2012
    So my iPad finally sold (yay!) and now begins the search for a new toy. Or tablet, or whatever you want to call it.

I know the new Note 10.1's came out recent, and damn the specs are nice. I was also looking at the new nexus 7's, maybe waiting for the nexus 10's to come out, or looking at a few other tablets.

Basically I generally prefer the 10" size, but if anyone has any suggestion(s) for tablets or discussion on one versus another I'd like to hear them.

I'm personally leaning towards a Note 10.1 because I think I'd really like the S Pen for notes and classwork. It's really easy to take notes, manipulate PDF's, and general schoolwork. It's also really nice for forum browsing and I would assume fairly easy to root as well.

Same goes for the Nexus 10/7. I think it'd be great for classwork/browsing, and as usual I think they're usually really simple to root as most Nexus devices are. But of course I wouldn't get the S pen and all it's features.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  2. Mar 14, 2013
    you could always try something new like these tablets, specifially this one
    http://www.mp4nation.net/electronic...en-android-4-1-quad-core-bluetooth-16gb-black

who knows maybe you might like this tablet

Specifications:
    • Google Android 4.1
    • Processor: Allwinner A31 Quad-Core with PowerVR SGX544MP
    • RAM: 2GB DDR3
    • Internal storage: 16GB
    • Expansion: MicroSD expansion
    • 9.7-Inch Retina Screen IPS LCD display (16 million colors)
    • 2048*1536 screen resolution
    • 10 Point Capacitive multitouch touchpanel
    • WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
    • 1080p HD video playback capable
    • Font (2MP), Rear (3MP) Camera.
    • Mini HDMI out
    • G-sensor
    • Built-in microphone
    • 10000mAh battery
    • 3.5mm headphone jack
    Notes
    • Screen note: The manufacturer states the screen as IPS, it is now common practice among China tablet makers to use IPS and MVA screens in their productions. They consider MVA screens the same as IPS. MP4 Nation is not liable nor will offer compensation for manufacturers lack of transparency.
    • File format support will depend on the app you use, particularly with media files.
    • Language support is down to the Android installation. Needless to say, Android comes default with English, Chinese as well as many other pre-installed languages.
    • MP4 Nation will only provide general support for android tablets, we do not provide support on third party apps, flashing units with new roms or restoring your player from a failed flash
  3. Jan 21, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Jul 8, 2012
      In my opinion, which may or may not actually be backed by facts I don't know that's why i'm asking for discussion, I generally don't like no name products. Does that mean I'm a fanboy of the bigger companies? Sure I guess if you want to call me that. I like products that are popular because usually they work consistently.

Now that's not to say that that tablet is crap. It's probably just fine for a tablet, but idk in my personal experience electronics that are no name generally have more issues than not. Spec wise that's not bad tablet at all. but it's running a slightly outdated version of android so if I couldn't root it idk that i'd like it that much lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      Post Merged, Nov 7, 2013
      This is also my other issue with this tablet lol.
    • Nov 29, 2010

the only thing keeping me from getting one is that I don't need it yet. The only reason why I would need a tablet is to store all of my textbooks and to make them easier to read and highlight.
      Post Merged, Nov 7, 2013
      Ew.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jul 8, 2012
        That's what I was thinking. Almost all of my professors put documents online as pdf's so having the Note functionality would be beautiful for document manipulation. I'm really tempted to get that as I love my Galaxy S4 and I generally like Samsung products.
      • Aug 2, 2010
        Had the opportunity to play with the Note 10.1 2014 Edition. LOVED IT. Makes me want to sell my 10.1 for the new edition. 300ppi HD display, octo-core, etc. I'd spring for that bad boy in a heartbeat if I didn't have a tablet already.

BTW 36K+ on Antutu with my Note 3. That's right. I make your phone look bad.
      • Jul 8, 2012
        What's your opinion of it versus nexus devices?
      • Aug 2, 2010
        I LOVE the plain vanilla, no bloatware, no skin aspect of Nexus devices but their hardware always leaves something to be desired. I'd rather take the better hardware and s-pen of the Note.
      • Jul 8, 2012
        That's exactly what I was thinking. I can always root it, I mean if I installed CM or something I would loose S Pen functionality, but I can always change that. Note is pretty much top of the tablet market besides the Nexus isn't it?
      • Aug 2, 2010
        For the Android platform, I would say yes. There's no point in rooting the thing. There's practically no bloatware on it and I personally like the UI Samsung has made.
      • Jul 8, 2012
        Interesting. I think I'm pretty much sold on it, as it's only like $200 more than my ipad was worth so it's affordable. Now to wait for Paypal to add my bank... I hate how slow paypal is sometimes.
      • Aug 2, 2010
        By the time your Paypal deposit clears, the tablet will be sold out.

I'm just fucking with you.
      • Jul 8, 2012

But no, I think I'll be good. It's been out for a bit. I've always gone through Best Buy for my electronics, should I just go like Amazon or something?

Also, do you know what the largest SD card I can put in there is?

Another question, 16GB or 32? I'm thinking 16 is fine, but I'd rather have more space lol. It does have an SD card slot though.
      • Aug 2, 2010
        I bought my OG Note 10.1 off Amazon. I have a Prime account though which is why. I believe you can put a 64GB micro SD card in there but I just got a 32GB. 48GB total is plenty for me.
      • Jul 8, 2012
        I'm thinking I could get a decent case +sd card for the 16 for the price of the 32.