Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Tablets

Discussion in Media Devices started by Grape, Jan 16, 2014

1. Oct 24, 2013
    I personally have had no use for tablets, especially ipads.
    What are your opinions for the best tablets around between 300-600$?
    She has a desktop I already built her but she wants something she can take with her to class.
    Her sister said she wants an ipad but it would have to be real close to being over my dead body before I purchase any apple bullshit. If it truly has better features and there is a convincing argument about why I should get one then I'll consider it.

I was looking at either an android or windows tablet. I personally hate windows 8 and want the creators of it to be savagely raped but I'd pick it over an apple any day.
    Grape, Jan 16, 2014 Last edited by Brian, Jan 16, 2014
  2. Mar 14, 2013
    i've got a 2nd gen nexus 7. no complaints so far.

all those samsung tablets are a bit outdated at this point. i wouldn't recommend investing in one of those.
  4. Jul 17, 2012
  5. Jan 21, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jul 8, 2012
      Have you seen the new note 10.1s? Best 10 inch atm. I would say nexus or Sammy.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
    • Jun 11, 2012
      You are not wrong in going with any Nexus product.
    • Oct 24, 2013
      I forgot Samsung made tablets, I just became a Samsung dealer. I should see if I can get myself a discount.

I was doing some research and people were talking about these nexus 7's and the 10s.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Dec 11, 2013
        Nexus7 is the most popular,so I'm also using it.
      • Jul 8, 2012
        If you could get a discount on a Note 10.1 (2014) I would seriously consider it. The thing is a beast. I perfer the 10" for factor, though I don't know what your daughter wants.

Also as said above Nexus devices are solid.
      • Oct 24, 2013
        Thanks, the note 10.1 was catching my eye. It's for my gf not daughter lol, I can see why you thought that though.
      • Jul 8, 2012
        I guess I shouldn't read while I'm over tired lol. But If I had a $500 budget, I would go Note 10.1 2014 or Nexus 10 2014. Absolutely.
      • Dec 8, 2013
        i has galaxy tab 3. basically its like a giant galaxy s4. i replaced my kindle fire hd with it. kindle uses a weird version of android that doesnt let u access google play store and stuff. so i basically just use mine for the final fantasy games and reading.
      • Jul 1, 2010
        I'd have to agree on the 10.1 (2014)... I have an original Note 10.1 and love the thing.
      • May 31, 2012
        I've learned my lesson on this one... don't buy any girlfriends any bullshit lol.

...But IF you are going to spend your money like that... just get her the damn iPad. I fucking hate Apple products myself but "most" (wont say all) girls just want Apple products cause they are "pretty" and make them feel included in a "social group"; this is especially evident if family or friends are hinting towards iPads... she's trying to be subtle about it. Buying her any other decent tablet would be about as good as buying her a scale.
      • Mar 8, 2013

ipad mini retina isn't a bad choice anyway.
      • Aug 2, 2010
        Zenzr and Dharkk nailed it on the head. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition. The display is breathtakingly beautiful.
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Jul 8, 2012
          After having one, and talking to multiple Apple fanboys and girls about it after owning them I've found a majority of them hated it once they realized what an Android tablet could do. So I would disagree with you there. But again, it's all personal preference so no harm no foul.

The iPad or the mini can not even touch the Galaxy 10.1 2014. Not even close. IR remote, WAY better hardware, and the most advanced mobile OS in the world.
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Aug 2, 2010
            The display has a higher DPI than the failPad. You forgot that important bit of information, noob.