Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Tax Atheists who don't go to Church.

Discussion in The No Count Section started by McKay, Jul 7, 2012

1. Feb 20, 2011
    It's not the title of an Onion article. It's not humor at all. Right here, in the United States of America, a prominent Christian leader is calling for taxes on people who do not go to church. Bryan Fisher, of the American Family Association, had this to say during his radio show:

[IMG]
    “Because after all, Obamacare is all about improving the health of the American people,” the radio host explained. “We know that going to church is good for you, it’s good for your health. So we are going to mandate that you go to church for your own health and we are going to tax the atheists who don’t go to church.”

Source

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Oct 24, 2011
    • Sep 26, 2010
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Nov 11, 2011
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • McKay
          This message by McKay has been removed from public view. Deleted by McKay, Jul 7, 2012.
          Jul 7, 2012
        • Jan 21, 2011
          I hate people like this. They're all fucking idiots.
          • Agree Agree x 7
          • Feb 14, 2012
            How about a tax on people stupid enough to carry imaginary friends into adulthood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Jul 6, 2012
            • Mar 12, 2008

I fixed your picture

[IMG]

Fuck this guy. It takes a real retard to use his religion to do something stupid.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Feb 24, 2011
                For this particular situation i feel somewhat happy to be a swede,
                although feel free to forward this message with best regards from Sweden: Nope.
                • Like Like x 2
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Sep 21, 2008
                  Gotta love it when religious people push their beliefs on you. :sarcastic:
                • Jun 3, 2012

I don't think he WANTS to push a tax, but he's making a connection between his bullshit and obamacare in order to deface it, he's probably a hardcore conservitard
                • May 5, 2011
                  He's not a christian though he states he is one. People just like to tag themselves and push out the beliefs for inscrease in members. They could care less about peoples lives.

But anyways, wow tax on those who don't go to church.. Redonkulis...
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Dec 2, 2011
                    Religion is like a penis/vagina, it's nice to have one, but you can't just go around public whipping it around

[Credit to Vadleon!]
                    Richard420, Jul 7, 2012 Last edited by Richard420, Jul 8, 2012
                  • Apr 9, 2007
                    I'm offended that you don't take American politics seriously as a swede.
                  • Jun 17, 2012
                    The moment any bullshit like this is ever passed i think we will look to the Declaration of independance.

Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends [i.e., securing inherent and inalienable rights, with powers derived from the consent of the governed], it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." --Thomas Jefferson: Declaration of Independence, 1776.
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Jan 12, 2011
                      I'm still reading the article but this guy sounds like a clot for drawing such a comparison, or if seriously suggesting that idea. I don't really want to get started on the legalities and issues of this topic since the article already does a job by pointing out several. While I have quite a few thoughts about it and the sociological considerations, I think 'll keep them to myself. Not that I wouldn't be professional about it, but I'm concerned people would gloss over it and/or complain that I don't tl;dr my stuff. :struggle:

It's in my sig, but I got it from Clam in Mumble. I'm pretty sure there's more to the quote, though.
                    • Feb 21, 2007
                      This guy is a moron, and I'd tell him that to his face, if he were for some odd reason he was sitting next to me in my house right now.
                      • Funny Funny x 1
                        retslag1, Jul 8, 2012 Last edited by retslag1, Jul 8, 2012
                      • Nov 29, 2010
                        Mental health, maybe? But seriously. This guy is an idiot. Part of the reason why people dislike religious types.