Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Taz's Honda elite rebuild

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Tazland001, Jun 10, 2011

1. Oct 21, 2010
    Well most of you know me as a zombiemod player. The truth is allthough I love to blast zombies I also love my scooters. Right now I own 8 scooters and am adding to my collection when I can. I am a atv/motorcycle mechanic and when I find time between jobs I rebuild my scooters. Here is what is being worked on now.

Here is what I started with. This a 1998 elite sr
    Just installed new main bearings last month so the engine is sound.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

I am basically turing this into a yellow scooter with Japan headset and tailset. Those headsets and tailsets are super rare now. Here is a pic of the Japan headset before painted.

[IMG]

Here is what it looks like after it is finished.
    [IMG]

I am puting it back together.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Now this scoot is very moded. I have a 50mm big bore kit+17*42 gears+racing variater+new v-belt+21mm carb w/ V-force intake racing reeds+ low end racing muffler. Stock this scooter did 30mph and now it goes 60mph. I am installing the rest of the parts today and will post the finished scooter soon.

Taz
  2. Oct 22, 2007
    i take it this was a project to have something to do? not for speed i hope.
  3. Oct 21, 2010
    Yes it is for something to do. We all need our hobbies. hehe. I think this a better Hobby than say smoking crack. lololol
    But this is about the speed also. I like to mod my bikes out so they haul some serious ass. Who the hell wants a stock bike. That aint no fun. If you ride my bikes you better hang the fuck on.

Taz
  4. Oct 22, 2007
    get it to go another 100 on that top speed and i would be intrested in holding on lol...
  5. Oct 21, 2010
    If I put a stroker kit in I could hit 85 with the right muffler. But when you start to hit about 75 the front end shakes a lot. I ride a lot but it gets a bit unstable.

Taz
  6. Oct 22, 2007
    i will stick with my r6 and not worry about death shakes lol.
  7. Feb 1, 2011
    dosent HMF, FMF, or Big gun make an exhauste kit for it?
  8. May 11, 2011
    Taz, you don't happen to be living in SoCal do you?
    I'm trying to find a cheap 2wheeler to ride after I sell my car since I'm only going to be home in the summer/3 weeks in winter.
  9. Oct 27, 2010
    Are you going to redo the dials since in now goes twice what the speedometer shows :razz:? Or do you prefer to keeps it as close to the original as possible?
  10. Oct 21, 2010
    Sorry for the late response. Even though I own 8 scooters I am a collector now. I dont really sell them.

FMF and the other big boys dont make pipes for these scooters. We use the PG long, scorpion, or V8 mufflers from Japan and Taiwan. They still pack a punch.

I am running the stock speedo. I will add a a digital tach soon that aslo monitors engine temp.

Here are pics of the finished product.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Taz
  11. Oct 21, 2010
    I have been riding the shit out of this scoot so it was dirty in the pics.

Taz
  12. Feb 24, 2011
  13. Oct 21, 2010
    Damn I couldnt sell that bike. The face and rear tail sets are extremmly rare. They sell the rear tail for about 300$ and the face runs about 350$. I use to import containers full of scooters from Japan so I was lucky to have a few layin around.

taz
  14. Feb 24, 2011
  15. May 15, 2011
    That's a snazzy lookin' Scoot you got their. It would be fun to wing it around town.

The fastest I've ever seen a scoot go was 50km/h. 80km/h is just insane! That would be nuts to drive!
  16. Oct 21, 2010
    It hausl assssss. Well to my next project. lol

Taz
  17. Feb 23, 2011