Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Team Killing

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Momo, Sep 18, 2011

Should team killing with cannons be allowed?

Yes 30 vote(s) 46.9%
No 34 vote(s) 53.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 29, 2010
    We've been discussing this in private for a while now and haven't been able to come to a conclusion, so we bring this to all of you.

This is mostly looking at maps such as natalyas_ship, desprerados, and raindance. If there are other similar objects on different maps we can look into that further if the vote succeeds.

Thanks guys!
  2. Feb 1, 2011
    IMO - No! It's no different than killing people with the door on zm_survival, or with the crusher on zm_anotheruglyzmap. Teamkilling has never been allowed as far as I know, and I don't think cannons should be an exception.
  3. Jun 22, 2011
    I think it should be allowed. Heres why i think that.. When you get up to use the cannon you really cant be as effective to killing whatever you want with it if you have to pay attention to what your hitting .. its soo easy to kill a teammate with the cannon on desperados..

It kinda takes all the fun out of using it..
  4. May 27, 2008
  5. Jun 23, 2010
    Well what happen if you're trying to kill a human and a zombie run past the cannon shot and you killed them?
  6. Jun 10, 2011
    I'm not gonna sit there and Marshall it, accidents happen. But if a human is obviously going to cannons at the start of rounds for the sole purpose of teamkilling, i'd have a problem with that.

Zombie teamkilling however... hypocritically not that bothered about it lol
  7. Jun 17, 2011
    Hmmm like Nezumi I don't think zombie team killing is that much of a problem. Maybe, no human team killing but allow zombie team killing? this is just what I think of course.
  8. May 6, 2011
    Then I would suggest we bring back zombie launch.

Why we won't bring it back, this game is about zombies trying to get the humans, the humans defending or shooting the zombies.

In maps where there are cannons or methods of team kill via door, traps, or whatever. This shouldn't be allowed, as I just want to focus on the role that I am in. And not to worry about the other people, if they are going to disrupt my game play.

Sure its fun, killing your teammate with the cannon. But, are they someone who thinks this is fun too? I wouldn't feel its fun.

No Team Kill, as it grieves, and definitely should not be allowed.

If someone team kills with any method, should examine the issue, if done on purpose definitely no. If done on accident, I would let it slide with a warning.
  9. Mar 26, 2011
    SkyCloud Say NO!!!!!
  10. Aug 5, 2010
    I think only zombies should be able to kill humans with cannons, but humans killing humans, NO only zombies should use cannons.
  11. Jan 5, 2007
    Honestly, I don't see a problem with killing your own team as long as the method used to team kill is built in to the map specifically to kill other players.
  12. Jun 10, 2011
    Even with including the community in this debate the opinions are pretty evenly split xD
  13. Feb 12, 2011
    I'd have to agree.
  14. May 20, 2011
    I'm against it. For too many reasons. Too lazy to type them out. Will edit later. Bye.
  15. Jun 30, 2011
    I think Human tking is wrong because it causes MANY ragequitters but zombies, it doesnt really matter because you can spawn again in about 5 seconds.\

Theres my 2 cents.
  16. Jul 14, 2008
    If the mapper built in a killing mechanism or machine, (for example: shooting someone else with a cannon, exploding humans on littlecity, using the crusher in anotheruglymap) then it shouldn't be griefing. If the mapper did not intended it to be that way (shooting zombies with knives, closing doors to kill others, etc) then it is plain griefing.
  17. Jul 14, 2010
  18. Feb 20, 2011
    I know others might be fine with it, but for me, being teamkilled as a Human on Zombies is one of the most rage-inducing things that can happen to me. Often it can kill my urge to play, especially if it happens multiple times.
  19. Oct 29, 2010
    I just don't understand this,

First you're assuming the mapper intended these mechanics to be used for team killing.
    Second you're putting the sole decision of whether or not team killing is allowed in the hands of one person.

I have to disagree with this.
  20. Jul 14, 2008
    I never said or assumed the mapper had built in those to team kill. Those are built in to kill regardless of whoever is shooting or the target they are aiming at. Whoever has access to the cannon can choose to teamkill or not, the decision depends on them not the mapper (if you meant we are putting the team killing issue in the hands of the mapper only).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.