Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Teamkilling

Discussion in Help Desk started by Super Mario, Nov 23, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 17, 2011
    I know that teamkilling is not allowed and it results as a punishement. But i dont know if sometimes this teamkill is legal:when a zombie is trying to break a person's cade on desprerados with the canon and zombies are stooding in front of it and than he shoots and breaks their cade but teamkills the zombies in front of it. Is that teamkill legal or not?
  2. Dec 7, 2010
    Team Killing is never legal. If you know there is a possibility killing a member of your team with the canon then then it is punishable.
  3. Oct 17, 2011
  4. Oct 29, 2010
    Firstly I apologize for bumping this post-lock.

I can't say I agree with this given the situation.

If I'm a zombie on a cannon trying to kill a human, zombies getting in the way shouldn't prevent my using the cannon.
  5. Jul 14, 2008
  6. Dec 7, 2010
    Unfortunately once this position is taken, it would feed into the slippery slope scenario. Meaning that anyone could be killing teammates and claim that they were simply in the way of killing the opposing team member. An example is if someone is in a illegal spot and claims that they didn't intend to be there so they should be excused from punishment. Same with Team Killing, they didn't intend to kill a member of the team so they should be excused from punishment. Once the door is opened for this type of rational, it would make it almost impossible for any resemblance of uniform rule enforcement. It would make all rulings subjective and speculative instead of objective.

If there is a better method for addressing this situation, I am always open for suggestions.
  7. Jul 14, 2010
    Or if there are zombies in front of a human protecting that human from being shot by the cannon, aren't they blocking? ...
  8. Oct 29, 2010
    Assuming I'm understanding your example correctly, I still disagree. Treating illegal spot enforcement the same as team killing just seems silly to me. You can't accidentally be in an illegal spot, you can most certainly accidentally team kill when using those cannons. The actual rule we're working off here, intended to prevent griefers, should not apply to someone trying to do exactly what they're supposed to do in ZM. I understand your point about it being a slippery slope but I feel this is where we need to be more watchful and take repeat offenders into account especially. If everyone who team kills is being punished after a simple general warning is given, I daresay that's admin abuse imho.
  9. Aug 18, 2006

The definition of team killing is simple: killing another person that is on the same team as you. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. If we have a bunch of rules that state "in this scenario, if you team kill someone, it's not team killing". It becomes too much of a mess and it just gets confusing. At the end of the day, team killing is team killing. It does not matter how or why...
  10. Oct 17, 2011
    thats a smart question penguin what about that idk but i think zombies get warned if they block for humans to move
  11. Oct 29, 2010
    I don't disagree that "Team killing is team killing" but we don't have a rule against team killing.

When we have these huge cannons that can one or two shot anything in their path, I do not feel that 100% of the time team killing = giefing.
  12. Oct 17, 2011
    But harvey said that teamkilling is a new rule and it will result as a ban if people teamkill each other
  13. Oct 22, 2010
    i believe this should be a perception rule, to the eyes of the admin in the situation, let them have the responsibility to act on the situation at hand.
  14. Dec 7, 2010
    To expand on the example using the illegal spots as a metaphor:

Illegal spot: If someone is in a illegal spot a warning is issued.
    Team Killing: If someone Team Kills a warning is issued .

Illegal spot: If they continue to remain in the illegal spot they are punished.
    Team Killing: If they continue to Team Kill, they are punished.

I believe the examples are appropre.
  15. Nov 14, 2010
    If team killing is completely accidental, all shall be forgiven, in my opinion. If this accident becomes a habit, punishment may occur depending on the situation.

If it is intentional, obviously punishment will be in order.
  16. Aug 10, 2011
    I'mpretty sure if someone is sitting in front of the cannon an admin will hear you yell GTFO of the way, at least that's what I do so I don't have to teamkill, I give a warning, then tell the admins so and so is blocking, if admins choose to do nothing and he doesn't move FIRE IN THE HOLE!
  17. Jan 11, 2011
    Nah. It's just the person pay attention for don't block. :thumbsup:
  18. Dec 7, 2010
    Ah more justifications for team killing. As long as someone yells get out of the way then it justifys team killing. Here comes the slippery slope roller coaster.
  19. Aug 10, 2011
    Yes because I obviously didn't say tell an admin ^ please read everything be4 you comment next time :smile:
  20. Oct 29, 2010
    If we can't even use the cannons to kill members of the opposite team without fear of persecution we should re-consider these two maps being in rotation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.