Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Teleport Exploit on ze_mirrors_edge_pf

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by CastleX, May 3, 2012

1. Jan 28, 2012

This is on the latest pf version on the ze server. I recommend adding another invisible wall inbetween the two buildings. Failed on my first attempt btw.
  2. Feb 9, 2012
    honestly, i dont see that as a huge exploit, but it is a bug. if anything you're only getting ahead by maybe 1-3 seconds (you're basically only skipping the ladder climb) and missing the strafe ends up being teleported back.
  3. Jan 28, 2012
    First of all its not that hard to strafe that, and it's an exploit for zombs, I just did it as a human. We were screwed over multiple times because of this. Not to mention, I failed it first, redid it, and still made it up there before them.
  4. Feb 9, 2012
    well that's why i said you'd only be getting ahead by about 1-3 seconds. your first attempt, you were in front of them already, so u already had the advantage on ur first mess up (where by the time u got teleported back, they were at your same location, and once u finished ur second attempt they were slightly behind u)

Im not saying it should be left there, im just saying it wouldnt cause a huge difference in gameplay whether one person takes the normal path or the bugged path
  5. Aug 1, 2011
    To be honest, that strafe looks REALLY easy to do. From the way Castle was strafing, it seems like he does not have a lot of experience (no offense) and I could almost guarantee someone with a good amount of experience could easily do that strafe. PLUS the issue at hand is not that humans can exploit it, its that ZOMBIES can, and thats a big issue. Being able to circumvent a choke point like that seems to be pretty serious if you ask me. Sure, maybe one zombie doing this wouldn't be that big of an issue, but if others caught on and started, it could turn into a clusterfuck really fast. Didn't @Detonator edit the map?
  6. Jan 28, 2012
    It does if a zombie uses it.
  7. Feb 9, 2012
    well just from my experience of playing ze, it doesnt seem like a huge problem compared to other things people can do. players can strafe run, they can wall run, they can jump right before the end of the boost to gain extra speed, etc. For this to be a huge exploit where a zombie can screw people over, zombies would have to be very close to the humans but based on the video it doesnt seem so. if they took the normal path, and zombies were near humans already, chances are those humans are dead (because climbing up a ladder ends up shooting u straight up sometimes making you lose about 1 second to distance yourself from zombies in which case you will likely die).

BUT if that area can be reached from a boost from a previous building then yes it WOULD be a huge exploit as you're basically skipping 1 building and a ladder climb. but unless that's the case, i don't see it to be a huge problem that needs immediate attention

But like i said, I'm not saying this should be left there, it isn't a big advantage for anyone compared to other things players can do.
  8. Jan 28, 2012
    Well fuck you too buddy. :razz:
  9. Jan 28, 2012
    I was with a group of doorhuggers trying to get to the end first. The rest of the team stays and defends while someone gets the suitcase, I still have no idea what the fuck it does. Theres maybe 7 seconds of zombie protection after everyone leaves. I was the first one to leave after getting the suitcase one time and right when I got in front of the jumper on the second building I was zombified with my whole team behind me.
  10. Jan 12, 2012
    Is this not the part where the zombies get held back by the barrier thus making this "exploit" invalid?
  11. Jan 28, 2012
    It's fixed in the current version. Although the suitcases have been removed. However, there's still the prolem of models becoming transparent. A lot of players become semi transparent on this map for no apparent reason.
  12. Oct 29, 2010
    It apparently has absolute nil effect on the gameplay. Since there are very frequent zombie-respawns, and since the map is ZE (a forced linear pathway to the objective instead of the free-for-all map play of ZM), the transparency offers really no advantage nor concealment to the human-bearers of this effect.

Don't think models being transparent is a problem. . .I just think it's pretty cool.
  13. Sep 25, 2010
    1) That isn't the current version on pf. So I really don't know if it's causing trouble because of the zombie pusher at that building. It can be a problem.
    2)The issue of some people getting transparent is not an issue, the issue is that not all are getting transparent.
    The map still has some minor bugs, it is still playable.

Ill be fixing :<
    Detonator, May 3, 2012 Last edited by Detonator, May 3, 2012
  14. Mar 19, 2012
    Detonator please add more zombie interactions within the map. The map looks beautiful and all in all it is a greatly designed map, however many of us dislike the map because all you do is run. It would make the map more fun for everyone if we could atleast fight/shoot/kill/nade some zombies. I counted only 3 defend spots, all of which were not very good. Doing something like paper_escaper where you must hold off the zombies long enough for them to be blocked by a gate or something would be ideal.

It would also be cool if at some parts you offered multiple paths to choose from.
  15. Feb 9, 2012
    Cool, thanks for the 3 random disagrees which you had no involvement on.

Anyways not all maps need many defend points, one can take the extreme path of going either mostly escape or mostly defending. Surf escape is an example of a map where you only defend 4 different areas.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Mar 19, 2012
      I disagreed with your posts because they are completely frivolous. Castlex pointed out a serious exploit that could potentially ruin the map if more people discovered it and you debated him only for the sake of debating. Why do you feel the need to argue weather or not this is a "major" glitch. That was not the point of this thread. He wanted detonator to see the glitch and by doing so contributing to the map and making it better.

and yes zombie escape maps should have zombie interactions in them. Surf has 4 defend spots, all of which are very unique and take strategy/teamwork to defend successfully. Your right, not all maps need defend points, but not all maps are fun either. I simply stated my opinion and the opinion of many others who felt the same way about the map so that it can become more enjoyable for all of us, not only the ones who like to run away all the time.
    • Apr 12, 2012
      Detonator - played this yesterday for the first time. Good map :thumbsup:

Seems unpolished, but that's fine, its obviously new. The important things - overall flow and route, 'theme', map stability/glitching/crashing, etc. are all solid. I do have a few suggestions/criticisms, if you care to hear them :smile: What I would love to see changed or added has to do with increasing human/zombie interaction, and I think the changes would cause the map to be much more 'involving' to the player.

1. If the zombies had less teleport spots + humans couldn't open doors/advance until zombies made it to a hold area for a certain time. This would allow backpedaling and also force more interaction. I'm thinking specifically of the spot of about 1/3 of the way through where you drop through the hole in the ceiling of a building and crouch-jump to get into the holding spot. From what I saw, you can stand on top of the building, shoot zombies and stop them from making the jump on the pipes-thingy, and still have time to get to the hold spot after the zombies teleport. Once you're at the hold spot, it seems zombies only make it there a few seconds before the door is opened for the humans. I'd love if this was tripled or quadrupled so you had to hold for a good 10 secs for instance.

2. Don't allow humans/zombies to boost over the last fence (the one below the chopper) without needing to use platform, and add a second box/platform to be able to jump the fence (so there are two routes over the fence). Humans could then use this as a holding point before retreating up the rope to the chopper.

3. Humans have longer holding times/more spots. (Kind of repetitive of the first two, but it would be great if humans had 1 or 2 more holding spots, regardless of where the spots are)

Any of the above would increase the amount of human-zombie interaction (as far as defending/shooting goes) and the people who wanted to mainly run could still mainly run. For those like me - who hate running without being able to do a little backpedaling to shoot zombies at the same time - the map would be significantly more enjoyable. I'm not saying that its boring, but I see so much potential :smile:

Also: eye-candy. Interesting stuff to look at while running and boosting. I'm sure you're aware of this and probably have plans for future versions, so I just thought I'd mention my opinion of 'add as much cool looking stuff as possible as long as frame rate doesn't suffer', haha.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Sep 25, 2010
        1) I'll stop humans from being able to shoot zombies at that point, should fix it.
        2) already taken care of.
        3)I'll try my best to add more spots. (It's hard to find a place :frown: )