Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Teleport.......

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Driftpanda, May 6, 2014

1. Aug 11, 2013
    omg how do i make a tp? like press like 2 buttons and jump in a cornor or something?
    • Zing! Zing! x 1
    • Feb 27, 2012
      • func_button
      • trigger_teleport
      • info_teleport_destination
      Make your destination wherever you want the teleport to go to (use the entity tool, not the block tool) and give it a name. Done
      Make your trigger_teleport first with the toolstrigger texture. Give the trigger_teleport a name. In the first page, make the Destination what you named your destination in the previous step. Make sure it is set as Start Disabled if you want a button system. Go to Flags, check Clients. Done.
      Make your button. Go to the Outputs tab. Create an output with OnPressed>teleport name>Enable>0 . Then create another output with OnPressed>teleport name>Disable>1 . Done.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Apr 3, 2013
        I do not possess the ability to read engrish, but..

Make a math_counter entity, name it and set the initial value to 1, minimum value 2 and maximum value 3

After that make two func_buttons and on outputs put OnPressed -> Math_Counter_Name -> Add -> 1 (Once) ((Do this for both buttons))

Create a trigger brush and place it wherever you want the tp area to be. Make it a trigger_teleport. Name it and make sure you check the "Client" option in the Flags tab.

Make an entity called info_teleport_destination and name it. Go back to the trigger_teleport brush and on the "Remote Destination", you want your info_teleport_destination to be there. Place the little green fucker where you want a player to teleport to

Go back to the math_counter, and on outputs -> OnHitMax -> trigger_teleport -> Enable

I was kinda rushing when I typed this so srry if i messed up

EDIT: Or you can read whatever the fat idiot typed above me
        • Friendly Friendly x 2
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Zing! Zing! x 1
        • Aug 11, 2013
          i cant make a button with the entity tool! i must use block
          Post Merged, May 7, 2014
          but if i give a fuck in the buttons can i then just make a trigger tp?
        • Oct 13, 2011

Also
          • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
          • Aug 11, 2013
          • Apr 3, 2013
            If you want the tp to be randomised you'd have to use logic_cases and some more teleport triggers.
          • Aug 11, 2013
            no want it to teleport to the spot i have set just one way no tp back
          • Apr 3, 2013
            Then make another teleport in the room or place where the teleport destination is. Do not put them in the destination or you will be stuck in an infinite loop
          • Aug 11, 2013
          • Apr 3, 2013
            Do not overlap the teleport triggers with eachother. That's what I meant.
          • Aug 11, 2013
            i just want 1 teleport and 1 destination.....
          • Jan 1, 2013
            Confusing Kloud is confusing herpaderp 8D
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Aug 11, 2013
              i think i just making a ladder. much easyer to kill them up there.
            • May 25, 2012
              holy fuck give a deam in the buttons just want to jump in a corner and then be there and no way out then jump and die or in zm u cant die but!!!!! ye
            • Jun 11, 2012
              • Agree x 2
              • Like x 1
              • Winner x 1
              • Wizard! x 1
              • Mapping King x 1
              • Aug 11, 2013