Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

TESV Skyrim zombie characters glitch

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by SubDelt@, Feb 4, 2013

1. Feb 12, 2012
    Everyone knows that there's a character glitch on Skyrim map that allows zombie character to "fly" straight to you when you shoot it. There are 2 major uses of this glitch:
    - walking sideways to human. When you shooting zombie character that walking sideways to you, he's not getting knocked back, only to the left/right. So zombie character is getting close to humans no matter how many people shoot it.
    - spinning around. This allows zombie characters to "redirect" knockback they're getting and slightly fly to the humans when someone shoots it (also appears at LOTR Minas Tirith' and LOTR Mount Doom's nazguls characters).

Many people can say now: "Whoa, humans have characters too, so use them to stop zombies... herp-herp-derp." But I want to admit that all human characters have a recharge time that is long enough to use this glitch and make some angry zombie happy.

Many people (including me) agree that this is low and illegal. But I still see a lot of others that are using this glitch and admins on the server don't seem to do anything about it (even warning). So, I just want to make it clear: IS USING THIS GLITCH ALLOWED OR NOT?
  2. Jul 20, 2010
    @SubDelt@ Your talking about like the Minas one where if you simply walked backwards as a zombie that had the troll you could not get knock back if I'm remember correctly. This one seems to be a bit worse though with the zombies getting a forward boost by simply spinning around while being shot at or walking side ways. I think that would fall under the Do not use exploits in maps. This includes players (zombies or humans) moving ahead of the surviving humans due to map bugs, setting off early nukes, or other means not intended by the map creator or the fair game-play of the server.

I remember we did punish and warn people for using that glitch on Minas for the time it was on the server and that glitch was present. I don't see why this should be any different as it's a glitch that allows the zombies to simply get no knock back when using an item or being pushed forward into the humans. Also this should be brought up to @Päss and @Kim so they can see about probably fixing this issue as it could be used to break the map at many different hold points.
  3. Apr 1, 2012
    I love seeing those trolls or werewolves spinning around, right round right round!
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Apr 12, 2012
      • Artistic Artistic x 1
      • May 30, 2012
      • Feb 12, 2012
        I didn't see a new version for week or two, so probably not :dontknow: .
      • Oct 22, 2012
        • Useful Useful x 1
        • May 31, 2012
          Exploiting any glitch in any map is not allowed.

I did not know about this glitch but it has been a while since I have played the Skyrim (been having a party in ZM lol)
        • Jul 8, 2012

But yes, glitches are a no no.
        • May 31, 2012
          Hey you party there too! I'm feeling like going to some base_winter again; or mini games and fuck around on the lego course haha.
        • Jan 13, 2013
          Once i get admin, i will start enforcing the rule. As i am not admin right now, i cannot, but i am about to get a payment to paypal. But, i do agree... It is exploiting the map which i know for a fact is illegal. I will start recording on such maps just in-case it happens so i can get reports in.
        • Jul 8, 2012
          This is good for anyone to do, admin or not.
        • Jan 13, 2013
        • Jul 20, 2010
          @Kim yes you can do it on the new version just watched a troll spin while being shot and he flew towards the humans.
        • May 30, 2012
          Time for making a rule for the skyrim map if you want as it's a bug abuse of the model, Päss won't touch the map and i won't either, we are doing other maps for now.
          Päss tried hard to get it fixed but nothing worked yet, i think this version is better than previous one but still peoples that focus on glitch the model will be able to do it.
        • Jul 20, 2010
          :poop: That means we need to have admins constantly in spec watching when skyrim is on, which I know much won't be happy to do since they would like to play.
          • Like Like x 1
          • May 30, 2012
            @Badgriuel I have never seen this as a big problem when we play it, yes 1 guy are trying to glitch it but warn them for stop it like you do with item spammers...
            Skyrim is a big project and takes long to work and fix on, so have a little respect that we have tried fix this issue from v1 to v2_8 but it failed and we have no ideas how to fix it, this isn't the same model as the Troll in Minas_tirith.
            I also asked Päss's opinion on this issue and his answer was this short and quick 'remove it than' and i can only agree with him if this is so much of a problem.
            It's easy to say fix the map.
            We have other things to do than resolve problems constantly on Skyrim.
          • Jul 20, 2010
            We can try to police it but I for one don't want to hear the bitching from the ze players because it is difficult to pinpoint who exactly is doing it especially on a full server.
          • Oct 22, 2012
            Badgriual has a very valid point. Skyrim on the other hand is a great map and thus heavily played - that also means that alot of admins will be on most of the time. I think I have been on only twice and I was the only admin on the server. Lets keep the glitch communication limited as much as possible that not just any yahoo tries to exploit the map. Admins will go ahead as always and warn, kick and ban (if necessary). This procedure calms things down very quickly in my experience.

ps: of course it would be swell, if the exploit could be fixed during one of the next updates
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • May 31, 2012
              Yesterday, Skyrim was on and I was the only admin on until Zimmy showed up in following maps; it must be time zone because I do find myself to be alone often - although I like to play while other admins are on too...

If anybody here tries to ruin my game play:
              [IMG]

Maybe to keep the exploit on the low someone should lock or hide the thread (I agree with you Your Ex)? Kim has expressed that no changes will be made; I am certain when a solution is found another mapper or even Kim/Pass will be compelled into making final touches - I think they are just burnt out with all the attempts and changes. I just started a new map project myself... even though I think my map isn't too hot at the moment... it took a long time so I know how hard and how much effort Kim and Pass had to put into it. Overall it is a good map, I think it will just have the same problem as Naruto - someone always has to be an example :arrogant:
              • Like Like x 1