Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Texas fertilizer plant

Discussion in In The News started by Whore Island Rambo, Apr 17, 2013

1. May 30, 2012
    I woke up and heard this, it's terrible! :shock:
  2. May 31, 2012
    I didn't hear about this but as soon as I saw the word "Fertilizer Plant" I knew it had something to do with explosion; I was actually shocked that it was only burning / on fire at the beginning (chemistry regarding the NH4NO3 inside of fertilizer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammonium_nitrate).

I am deeply hurt to hear that there are fatalities regarding this incident.
    Joshy, Apr 17, 2013 Last edited by Joshy, Apr 17, 2013
  3. May 31, 2012
    "Debby Marak told the AP that when she finished teaching her religion class Wednesday night, she noticed a lot of smoke in the area across town near the plant. She said she drove over to see what was happening, and that when she got there, two boys came running toward her screaming that the authorities had ordered everyone out because the plant was going to explode.
    She said she had driven only about a block when it did."

"In 2001, an explosion at a chemical and fertilizer plant killed 31 people and injured more than 2,000 in Toulouse, France. The blast occurred in a hangar containing 300 tons of ammonium nitrate, which can be used for both fertilizer and explosives. The explosion came 10 days after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks in the U.S., and raised fears at the time it was linked. A 2006 report blamed the blast on negligence."

Its good that someone read the MSDS, they probably saved a lot of lives.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Sep 25, 2010
      Terrible indeed.

That poor girl :s I hope she didn't lose her hearing.
    • Oct 17, 2011
      What's the next state? I really am getting scared now.
    • Dec 6, 2011
    • Apr 14, 2011
      Ok who was the genius that decided to build a plant down town...

(Tour Guide) "Ok, we have the schools here and here, we have te daycare over there, we have mrs. shultz house right there, oh and she is next to the retirement home, and oh yes the chemical plant is right their...."
      Like seriously, who ever decided that was a great place for it was a fuc%ing genus...
    • May 14, 2011
      No she didnt, they are both ok.

This is an interview with them:

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOc40bl9kuc

PS: This is a re-upload I can't find the original.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Apr 4, 2009
        Having any factory that can cause a major explosion near a school is moronic.
      • Oct 29, 2010
        No zoning regulations fail.

Welcome to Texas. . .
      • Apr 4, 2009
        Heard on the news that this place had a violation and hadn't been inspected for 20+ years.
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Feb 11, 2012
        • Mar 23, 2012