Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

The Announcer

Discussion in News started by Kyle, Sep 18, 2011

1. Apr 9, 2007
    So after looking back at how ZombieMod was over the years, one thing hit me. When we moved away from Mani we lost our Quake Sounds! Well, after spending a couple hours of mindless copy pasting, hunting down a old copy of UT, we now have an Unreal Tournament Announcer. Changes between this and "Quake Sounds" is the fact that it's just like Quake except we have the Female announcer from UT. We have Round end times, Team Win/Lose sounds, etc. Dominating, Multikill, Head Hunter, the whole meal deal.

Anyways, I'm just rambling now. Type !announcer in game to activate it. By default, to prevent possible dissatisfaction, it's disabled. Your settings will be saved!

Huge thanks to everyone who tested the final product with me.
  2. Jul 14, 2008
    I tested for a few seconds Yay! I love you Kyle, I remember bitching about getting those sounds back a couple of years ago :razz:
  3. Jun 17, 2011
    I like the time reminders, but not so much the headshots and multi-kill announcements lol just my opinion

Great job Kyle
  4. Jan 21, 2011
    Yay! Did you make it say play when the zombies spawn?
  5. Apr 2, 2011
  6. Jul 14, 2011
    The female voice sounds seductive with some of the notifications. Haha.

But overall, great job. :smile:
  7. Apr 6, 2011
    it is so awesome hehe love it.
  8. Apr 9, 2007
    I didn't sadly. Just on actual round start when freeze time ends.

The code wouldn't be portable to MG.
  9. Jan 21, 2011

Could you make it play on round start and when zombies spawn? The second play wouldn't be triggered on MG since no zombies spawn. I'm not sure how the events are handled in pawn or if it would be too much more work, but I think it would be nice.
  10. Apr 9, 2007
    Would be really easy. You want it to play "Play" twice?
  11. Jan 21, 2011
    I just hate wondering if the zombies have spawned. Some of the maps are big enough that I don't hear the zombie scream when zombies spawn. If you think it would be too repetitive then don't worry about it.
  12. Jun 4, 2006
    Play triggering twice will just seem more like a bug than an indicator that zombies have spawned to me, but eh. I'd rather have it be a separate sound if anything...
  13. Dec 17, 2010
    I think that voice has just seduced me, she is spankable and dominating me.
    Good job though kyle, its a great addition to the servers.
  14. Jan 21, 2011
    Someone yelling "ZOMBIES!" maybe?
  15. Apr 9, 2007
    Main issue is we're lacking sounds. The only unused sound that I'm aware of is Bottom Feeder.
  16. May 26, 2011
    This is awesome Kyle, great job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  17. Jun 23, 2010
    I like it :grin:
  18. Jan 21, 2011
    Meh... Oh well. Thanks anyway.
  19. Mar 16, 2008
    (Admin Only) Faith_IN_Chains [pF]: JOSH, i freaking love the ut sounds.. gj
    (Admin Only) Josh: Kyle did it, not me

Good Job though :thumbsup:
  20. Jun 22, 2011
    Awesome good work!