Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Not a Bug The blacklist of mute

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Zorak, Sep 20, 2015

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 8, 2015
    Howdy, fellows. As you know it's been for a while, the country I live (Brazil) and others have been voice blacklisted, so we can't use the microphone. I get the idea you don't want people speaking other languages on the server but that decision is misguided or, at least, not taken seriously. We have to ask for unmute to admins every map change, and now it's buggy and we need to ask multiple times in each map. Since the work of banning trolls seem much less than toggling mute twice on every foreign player, (every map, every time) I'd recommend that you drop this decision or, at least, make a player whitelist. also, I understand Brazil is famous for trolls, but should we all take punishment for what a few idiots do? Anyway, this blacklist creates more problems than it solves, it seems

here's a list of suggestions:

- mute new players by default, until 1hr spent on the server.
    - automatically whitelist players who sign up on the forum.
    - reinforce the order of "only english on the mic", otherwise, ban.

I am humbly hoping I can get in touch with you, in-game, like any other human being: talking. unless you did not understand what I just posted, in which case, I don't know what to say.

sincerely yours
    Zorak
    Zorak, Sep 20, 2015 Last edited by Zorak, Sep 20, 2015
  2. Jan 25, 2014
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Sep 8, 2015
      How am I supposed to prove it to you I am not Jeremy? Should I say I have witnesses in-game? Should I say league of legends sucks and teemo sucks worse? Anyway, how can I know YOU are not Jeremy?
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Feb 8, 2013
        That's the attitude Jeremy gave to Kyle and that's how the decision came to be a no. Your English seems to be fluent, so you may be the guy that gets BR white listed, but Jeremy will pull this backwards. Somehow, I have a feeling you have some type of relation with Jeremy because what a coincidence that you're also Brazilian?
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Jan 25, 2014
          cause it looks like you went way out of your way to create a new acccount let alone post on the forums and now u are typing in italics (which is annoying to read). 90% this is Jeremy just acting under another aias
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Jan 5, 2014
            Zorak and Jeremy are two different people, unless they decided to use separate steam accounts to login into ZM at the same time to appear like two different people.

IMHO arguing whether Zorak and Jeremy are the same person is just excessive pedantry.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Dec 17, 2007
              Kyle is going to kill you for tagging him
              Post Merged, Sep 20, 2015
              Aside from that, this has already been discussed and rejected by Kyle. The fact that you are now posting this and that you either are or friends w/Jeremy, just shows that you are trying to spam the forums.
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Zing! Zing! x 1
              • Feb 8, 2013
                I was gunna tell him the same thing, but I was afraid that quoting would tag him another time.
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Dec 17, 2007
                  Meh, Kyle is probably going to just lock this anyways, this is nothing more than spam.
                  • Funny Funny x 1
                  • Jun 29, 2014
                    I dont know what is worse, tagging kyle or tagging secp? at least for me
                    • Funny Funny x 2
                    • Jun 17, 2014
                      We've had plenty of forum discussions about this before.
                      • Funny Funny x 1
                      • Sep 8, 2015
                        No, I am not Jeremy. Please do not associate me with him. The only thing we have in common is we are from BR
                        • Funny Funny x 1
                        • Feb 8, 2013
                          • Funny Funny x 1
                          • Sep 8, 2015
                            If he wanted to do whatever shit he did, that is his problem. I played with him a couple o f times and that's all. all I want is my mic working, fuck this Jeremy talk.
                            • Funny Funny x 1
                            • Apr 9, 2007
                              They're friends and Jeremy brought him to post, but this isn't an issue.

If there was something compelling I'd be in for it. If there was any constructive conversation driven from doing this I'd be totally okay with it as well. If it's going to upset 30%, and it's just literally talking about penises, there's no value... Jeremy baiting me ingame afterwards saying how people are talking about Sexuality and he can't talk about Penises... Really, who gives a shit? People converse normally, there's no need to drive the conversation to genitalia. This, along with historical reasons are the reasons why this is still a terrible idea.

Just so we're clear, the majority of the population still do not orally speak English. There's absolutely no value from changing this.

EDIT: Just so we're super clear, I just removed France from the whitelist as it's been a constant problem for about a week now.
                              • Funny Funny x 1
                              • Zing! Zing! x 1
                              • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
                                Kyle, Sep 20, 2015 Last edited by Kyle, Sep 20, 2015
                              Thread Status:
                              Not open for further replies.