Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

The Conjuring

Discussion in Movies started by sajak, Jul 28, 2013

1. Nov 11, 2011
    This movies looks really good to me and has gotten great reviews. It's been a long time since I've gotten a scare from a horror movie since so many of them are full of clichés. This looks different. Anybody seen this and want to tell us how they liked or disliked it?

2. Feb 3, 2012
    I might be seeing it this week. I'll give some opinions on it after I see it.
  3. Dec 31, 2012
  4. Oct 18, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jun 3, 2011
      I heard it's really scary ! I'm gonna watch it, this week
    • Jun 23, 2010
    • Jul 20, 2010
      It was ok IMO. If you like that movie you should also try The Exorcism of Emily Rose, the Original Amittyville Horror movies, The Omen movies are all good starts. Seeing as how this movie has to deal with the supernatural as well.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose is way scarier imo, the ending to it is chilling and one other scene in it where she talks to The Virgin Mary.

@Skiptron and @sajak
      • Like Like x 1
      • Nov 11, 2011
        I've seen all of the movies you listed and The Haunting in Connecticut and others. It just didn't drive the scare home. The Conjuring on the other hand, I got a chill watching the trailer and I haven't had those in a long time. Without spoiling anything, were there any moments that you were just like "Yeah yeah I know this is going to happen"? I hate when those happen.
      • Jul 20, 2010
        For me yes, I could see them coming, but I watch movies like this a lot so I can tell when something was going to happen. Then again when you believe in that sort of stuff it hits home more than a common person that doesn't believe in the supernatural: ghosts, demons, angels, god, and all the other fun beings and creatures that are part of that family.
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Yeah, that definitely makes much sense. I am always looking for something to scare the living soul out of me but it hasn't happened yet. Hopefully, the movie will do some justice to the trailer.
      • Mar 16, 2013
        Yes!! my mates have all seen it twice, they said it was amazing :'D
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Jul 25, 2012
          I saw this with a couple of friends, one of the best horror movies I've seen in a while. It may not be original, but the acting and the pacing were great.

And, it actually scared me, something that most modern horror movies don't do or at least don't do well.
          • Informative Informative x 1