Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

The Dear Leader is dead.

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by meeko, Dec 18, 2011

1. Oct 29, 2010
    Yes, it is true. Kim Jong-Il is dead at 70.

[IMG]

Happy news? I find it rather eerie. God knows what the next few months/years are gonna be like with North Korea, nuclear weapons, the future stability (or lack of) of the Korean Peninsula, etc.

Kim Jong-un, the successor? Who is reportedly a savage being? Who (reportedly) had a heavy hand on the unprovoked artillery barrage on South Korea's island earlier this year?

I dunno.

At the moment, I find the news of his death and the international reaction to his death to be strangely fascinating. Look: political chaos is walking a very fine line now. There is (somewhat infinitesimal) prospect that the 38th parallel is gonna completely unravel. (I hope not.) North Korea may completely implode. A political struggle between Kim Jong-un and the top generals is possible.

Or the new Leader may stray from the iron-fist of his forefathers and lead the country out of its current shitstate.

Whatever, let history unfold before our eyes!

lol at this:

The Onion:

You know what else died (or is gonna die) with the Dear Leader's death? This rather amusing photoblog:

Bin Laden dead. Kim Jong-Il dead. Gaddafi dead. Who's next?
  2. Jul 28, 2011
    At least he went out in style. At least, I assume he did. He had such a refined sense of fashion.

Hopefully the new heir has a similar sense of fashion, but more sane goals.
  3. Oct 21, 2010
    Yepp he is dead. It wont matter anyways. They just groomed his son to take over. Third generation rule.

Taz
  4. Oct 29, 2010
    I know huh. Jumpsuits and massive aviators are certainly the mark of a refined man.

lol
  5. Feb 18, 2011
  6. Dec 11, 2011
    South Korea should invade, like right now
  7. Nov 6, 2011
  8. Aug 18, 2006
    http://news.yahoo.com/south-korea-military-placed-emergency-alert-report-034225903.html
  9. Feb 18, 2011
  10. Mar 26, 2011
  11. Sep 9, 2008
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sep 30, 2011
      Why him?! What did he do to deserve this?
      Why couldn't god have taken Justin Bieber, or Obama.... :frown:
    • Feb 18, 2011
    • Oct 29, 2010

I knew the "exhaustion" thing was bullshit. What's surprising? That his death was not known/reported until more than 50 hours after the fatal heart attack.
    • Feb 18, 2011
      I think they did it because they want people to know he is still controlling them and intended on keeping it secret untill someone leaked it.
    • Oct 29, 2010
      Their media is very tightly controlled by the government; there was no leak. The media were ordered to report it yesterday.
    • Oct 21, 2010
      Have you guys ever seen this. Korea Dark Half. The dark side is N. Korea under communist rule.

http://bigthink.com/ideas/21270

Taz
    • Jan 11, 2011
      That sucks... But he wasn't soo important like that. xD
    • Mar 26, 2011