Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

The Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in Gaming started by Bender Bending Rodriguez, Jan 22, 2013

Are you looking forward to The Elder Scrolls Online

Yes 21 vote(s) 65.6%
No 5 vote(s) 15.6%
Bethesda where is my Fallout 4 that you keep hinting? 6 vote(s) 18.8%
  1. Jun 11, 2012
    Two things happened today. Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarms opening cinematic was release today. I'm not and never was a Starcraft person and stop after playing couple of matches in StarCraft I and never really enjoyed it. SO with that...meh

Second thing The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Test sign-up went live a little while ago. Couple of question that will be answered and they request a dxdiag info from your PC (Valve does the same in order to test on multiple PC specs so up to you).
    [IMG]

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/ne...-for-the-elder-scrolls-online-beta-test-today

However the trailer looks really fantastic and while knowing the graphics won't be anywhere near, I don't want the same graphics as WoW has. Skyrim is beautiful in terms of graphics so here's hoping for the MMO to be near that.

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0jNT5cMwxw0
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
      Benderius, Jan 22, 2013 Last edited by Benderius, Jan 29, 2014
    • May 5, 2012
      I dont know if i should sign up for the beta or not :3 what do you people think?
      Also, thanks for noticing and telling us people about this, I LIKE :angel:
    • Mar 12, 2008
      as long as it has minimal bugs at launch I will be completely fine for this.

P.S. When i saw the White Gold Tower in that shot i got a stiffy. Not gonna lie.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jan 11, 2012
        I already signed up. If you want to sign up for it you should have done Beta testing before and did some relevant reports
      • Jul 20, 2010
      • May 5, 2012
        I've been in some betas befor, just not for mmos(other than mop for wow, which was total derp anyways...:silly:)
      • Jun 11, 2012
        The kind of testing you do is more complex than a Beta testing. The information is more so collected by the dev and they are also grinding through forums/blog/twitter in order to find problems to fix. So in a way you are hardcore :razz:

If you follow enough developer/publisher you tend to find a lot of good thing.
      • Jan 11, 2012
        No, implying that betas are for tests and not for the lulz
      • Jul 20, 2010
        Yes I am :smile:, thank you for noticing :smile:.
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Mar 12, 2008
          There's an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) so if you get in and talk about it here, there's a chance you'll get attacked.

Be wary.
          • Like Like x 2
          • Dec 6, 2011
            I feel like Skyrim is already over, but I guess that's just me. If it looks good after release, I'll give it a shot.
          • Jun 23, 2011

Hopefully I get it :smile:
          • Feb 21, 2007
            is this mmo gonna require hundreds of hours weekly to play and actually stay competitive?
            • Like Like x 1
            • Oct 29, 2010
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Winner Winner x 1
              • Jun 11, 2012
                There is PVP and there is PVE but I think I'm like you and don't enjoy competitive and playing the game constantly. You don't have to play hundred hours and can play with your preferred play feel. You can also do all the MMO stuff single player, small group, or big group
              • Jun 11, 2012
                Thanks Haplo I was going to post that last night but I seemed to fell asleep at my desk. Well anyhow his video covered the basic of ESO (yes that what they are acronyming into it). Basically many things can/could be done. Also your characters is no more restricted to 1 server and you can move around, this is something Star Citizen is also doing with their persistent world/universe.
              • Mar 12, 2008
                I hope it turns out well. When I heard "megaserver" i thought, "well that can't end well."

I guess it would more or less be the same as instancing in WoW, where X amount of players are here at X time or phase people depending on levels or quests completed.

I have faith in bethesda. I want ESO to be a good thing, and I want it to stay around for many years. I'm not going to sell it short, but my expectations are pretty high.