Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

The Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in Gaming started by Kim, Feb 15, 2014

Are you going to play ESO?

Yes 6 vote(s) 35.3%
No 7 vote(s) 41.2%
Maybe 4 vote(s) 23.5%
  1. May 30, 2012
    Hey guys i am one of these "many" guys who have had acces to the beta of ESO and i have some good news in this post, you've maybe already read it but i would like to share it with you.

We now have rights to share our thoughts, screenshots and videos and of course would i bring some pictures along with this thread so here they are:
    This is few of the screenshots i have and i believe @Shinigami Senpai have loads of them aswell, from when we played together.

Okay my opinion on this game so far;

The graphics are amazing for what i've seen so far(the screenshots are in high details, you can pull it higher if your computer can run it), i have a bad computer and i didn't feel any FPS issues going on at all, only a quickly freeze which happened in 1-2 seconds before it disappeared but again it rarely happened and it wasn't game breaking at all.

Gameplay is great but so far it's close to SW:TOR which i believe is same as World Of Warcraft(only played 10 days of that XD ) You've alot to do a storyline and peoples who needs your help, once you helped the city they will stand there and cheer/clap and bow, so you will have the feeling of being a warrior returning from the bad forrests, i really liked that part.
    Like in WOW/SWTOR you can have a guild/clan/group.
    Last time me and @Shinigami Senpai played we found out that we could/can join up in big battles/PvP which seems to be an interesting activity on the game.
    The last weekend the BETA was open again and 500.000 free beta keys was giving out on a website so ESO could test stability of the two servers.
    Yup the game will have an European and American Mega-Server running.
    Anyways back to last weekend, me and @Shinigami Senpai didn't get to play much because of all these massive Ping issues/latency and barely not even able to log into our lobby-account, which made us not play that much this weekend but fair enough it's BETA for a reason.

How was the bugs?
    The bugs around wasn't that bad/gamebreaking at all, the biggest issue we discovered was invisible players/friends that required us to restart the game/relog so we could play together again.
    Oh yeah, the Ultimate Draconic ability was derpy, once used you would make an animation where you get Dragon wings!
    Well... the problem was... the wings was somehow stuck under your boots XD... sadly i didn't take a screenshot of this heh.
    Also we managed to find the edge?
    Me and @Shinigami Senpai had a long discussion there about falling off, he tried himself to fall off but couldn't so i told him that i probably can fall of because i'm thin and guess what? i fall off and die. -.-
    [EDIT]: Maybe i shouldn't count it as a bug but i would still like to inform you that we could walk over the Lava without getting much damage at all... XD

The game will also have this monthly fee for playing it which is 15$ and that sucks a bit but the godly peoples who made this game also need their food on their table guys!
    I honestly don't care about the fee, this game seems really to be worth it so far of what i have seen.

The combat!
    Oh yeah our lovely combat, it's amazing like in skyrim you can choose between First/Third person and you will have your main attack on your Computer-Mouse along with the block on the right button and of course you will have some abilities with the class you are.
    I haven't tested out any other classes than Nord's as i feel they are epic Viking'ly Bastards!
    and i love their High-level armour style.
    [IMG]

I would like to cut this from here and discuss it with you instead and i would like to tag;

@Päss - Cuz Skyrim!
    @Shinigami Senpai - as my ESO partner rawr!
    @Kloud - for not knowing how far he made it
    @Superkiller - for wanting an ESO map
    @Benderius - Because Kloud said it

This thread is still in BETA, please be aware of some grammar mistakes! XD

Release date 4th April 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
      Kim, Feb 15, 2014 Last edited by Kim, Feb 15, 2014
    • Apr 3, 2013
      I took a pic of the beta awhile ago earlier this year.

[IMG]
    • Dec 11, 2013
      The game look pretty cool~ I will TRY IT some day ......
    • Mar 20, 2012
      One time I start the game with german language.
      [IMG]

I like the game but I already see that it is in need of some changes especially for PvP areas. Its so chaotic and you cant really see who is there , Is it a npc or an enemy player and if its an enemey player of what fraction is he?

Story/quest/atmosphere good
      graphics are really good for mmorpg, like a normal skyrim without mods...but sometimes low quality textures

Crafting system could be really interesting, you need definetily time to get it max.

Beta ended somewhat between 10 and lvl 18?19? So there is still so much to explore.

Just a little sad for all the people who didnt get a chance to get the Imperial Edition for the inital price, its sold out almost everywhere since the 2nd or 3rd day after release.
    • May 30, 2012
      The next BETA test seems to be already on the corner, if you would like to try it i would suggest you catch another BETA key for it!
      BETA test are free and worth the diskspace you offer in the time you play :razz:

@-L-
      Me and Shinigami bought the digital one, we even had our horse mount in the BETA, it was great but itsn't that fast as you could've expected heh.
    • Mar 20, 2012
      Just a hint for everybody for release maybe. You can use your skillpoints also for the crafting disciplines and like every job has a skillpoint " Get crafting items for free, daily". I can imagine that it might be RNG or lvl dependent but earlier=better probably. Especially because I dont see any auctionhouse atm, it might be a little more difficult to get the goods/embers in time with a fair price if you want to craft some rare items.

Have you tested to feed the horse? The initial speed is 15% or 25%, idk about the preorder horse but probably its the 15% one. With the right food it was like 100g per day if you can trust the vendor, you can increase stamina speed or load(extra inventory).
    • Mar 12, 2008
      I spent my time in (NDA early) beta going along the coastline picking locks on the chests, got great gear and lots of treasure maps from it.

Went on to do quests and was laughing at the crappy rewards they gave. I was in full "greens" and "blues" by the time I went to the second town.
    • Mar 20, 2012
      Ye vendors selling gear for 1000gold one piece and you get like 50-100g per quest. I saw in an interview that they want to increase quest rewards or adjust vendor prices at least a little.
    • May 30, 2012
      I agree with the quests having bad rewards, i only found the money worth it.
    • Nov 29, 2010

It does not feel like an Elder Scrolls game, mass interaction with people isn't what I expect from an elder scrolls game. It would be fun to play with a partner or small group but not surrounded by hundreds of players.

And the MMO elements feel lukewarm and too familiar.
    • Mar 20, 2012
      but but but its first person and you can block and evade and interrupt/counterattack just with the keyboard and not with classskills. It will be noobfilter much later haha I like that
    • Apr 3, 2013
      I'm subbing for WoW when the new xpac comes out

I can't imagine raiding in ESO, because of first person perspective
    • Jun 11, 2012
      It's not a MMO perse which is a thing I hoped to get. While WoW did something and did it well, I wasn't a fan of it. A multiplayer Elder Scrolls is what they are putting out. WoW and ESO are mutually exclusive in terms of what they offer as an experience.

This is getting updated and changed. They have a roadmap for the release that was based on pre-stress testing days feedback.

To accomplish what an MMO is expected of in terms of graphics will be more "cartoony". This is what I want, a non-mmo like graphics with multiplayer components.

Digital Imperial Edition...just without the statue :razz:
      http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/games/mmos/elder-scrolls-online-imperial-edition/
    • May 21, 2012
      I had a game breaking bug while playing ESO as well as everyone else that was there. It was when you had to talk to Captain Rana on the ship for the main quest but for some reason there was no indication (usually it tells you a button to talk to an NPC) to talk to her. At first, there were like 20 people there at that one spot so I was wondering why and then I realized no one could talk to her. As a result, no one there could proceed to other main quests.
    • Mar 20, 2012
      I encountered some quest bugs too, but they seem to fix them during the test or they fix after a certain time on their own. Just come back in an hour and it should be fine most times^^.

I really want to see crouching raidgrps hiding in a forrest, invisible for other player at a certain range.
      It works, they just come out of nowhere if you dont watch closely lol

Ye I know about the Digital Imperial, but I dont understand why people dont buy it on the official site(its usually same price or less). There are sold copies of it at ebay for atleast more than 30% of the normal price
    • Feb 24, 2012
      I just want a really long eso online map with the bosses :/ if u would do it i would pay..... not kidding @Kim
    • May 30, 2012
      I interestingly read the thread, thinking that maybe I would really like such a huge-scale RPG with the quality of Skyrim, and then I read that, and it made me go:

[IMG]

No matter what company it would have been, 15$ a month for a skyrim RPG, whereas GW2 is for example a one time-fee, I'd rather pay 15$ for PF or play GW2 (though I still play the 1st one as I'm addicted to it with no end to it). It's as worse as WoW or perhaps RS, though RS is more than half the price cheaper which I still accept.