Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

The Future and Fate of Zombie Escape

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Hydreigon, Jun 1, 2015

1. Apr 28, 2013

Before people will say this thread might be an "attempt" to revive the ze server, it not only is but there will be more suggestions as well. Yes I know people have tried to revive ze multiple times but the reason why I make this kind of thread is because summer is almost here.

Aside from "reviving" ze, the purpose of this thread is about the future of zombie escape for this community. We have done many things to revive zombie escape and move on to cs:go (which I will describe the current state later), but both cs:go and cs:s ze failed to get attention. The last attempt was filling the server for a while from playing hours of harry potter and that seemed to work except the next map was mako...and the map after that pretty much killed off the server.

The current state of zombie escape in general (both cs:s and cs:go) is probably the worst in my opinion and here is why. A lot more players currently play cs:go than source and ze is no exception. Zombie Escape itself (not the players) in cs:go is currently inferior compared to source because of mapping limits almost being the same in source, the inability to pakrat custom particles, and the game itself having more "stale" movement or controls. (idk if there are any more problems or not). None of these mentioned problems (aside from the limits with source being and older game) ever happened in source. There are still some new maps being made in source ze and we have very skilled mappers that can handle or even go beyond the limits in source. Source zombie escape has still some life left because of what was mentioned above and the only way source ze will "die" is when a true successor to cs:s will come with the new and improved source 2 engine (and hopefully mod friendly unlike cs:go) (and I am waiting for this to happen).

As said that, now for the future of pF zombie escape. I miss the playing ze on that sever (and I'm sure there are others who miss pF ze too). Reviving the server will not be an easy task and will take a lot of work but it's still possible despite the setbacks. There just has to be all sorts of attention (including admin and management attention) and a change in current plans or setups. There has been many suggestions before (and I have no new ones atm) and would like to mention them again but I probably won't mention them in this said post (will probably do it later).

So, who would like to take some time to revive zombie escape? What suggestions to zombie escape does EVERYONE have in mind? This may be the last chance to get pF ze revived and that chance will end this fall.

Hydreigon
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jun 11, 2012
      Someone didn't play de_zoo, CSGO number 1 fun tourist attraction.

Honestly though, I would all the eggs in GO. The CSGO gaming community is the correct way to go forward. Putting unnecessary investment into something that will yield not even a bats eye is a terrible forward thinking. Granted this community involvement in CSGO is not heard of for couple of month, I don't know how they will do it or want to.

The game became a glorified pedestal product. The same thing was said about Quake and UT and their server dried up by 2004.

Every time I join a ZE server I feel like not even playing games because it is boring now. I would rather de than ZE to be honest. But CSGO mappers are doing something great with their games and I go where fun is.

I will deny that theirs more limitation on a older API than a newer one. Since Joris did something recently, that will be my proof.

BTW play de_zoo if you haven't.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Apr 28, 2013
        Exactly. I kind of forgot to mention cs:go is more "competitive" sided so some mods don't do well. Most mappers focus on the vanilla gametypes rather than mods like mg, ze, zm, and bhop. Some maps if done right can look beautiful (wanted to look at de_zoo and holy cow this mapper done a lot of things right). Good point on how you would play de over ze in go as pF could try to invest in a casual server in cs:go rather than zombie mod or escape (maps like de or cs).
      • Feb 27, 2012
        I would still be willing to get CS:S ZE revived, and i still think it's possible, but you'd only be attracting people who have been playing for a long time. Nobody just goes on steam and says "Oh boy! I'm going to buy the older counter-strike! Let's play some mods i could play either on 1.6 or GO!" When VG emerged, all the regulars we were pulling back during my events flocked to their server, and we only had a small handful of our old regulars (less than 10 players total every day before i stopped doing the events) If you want to try, go for it, but i'm invested in something else right now and won't be able to help you out. GO is definitely something that needs to be a priority though, not a quickly dying game.
      • Apr 3, 2013
        Source 2 is on its way to CS:GO so most mapping issues will hopefully be gone.

CS:GO ZE dead? Look again

And de_zoo is a good map, seriously.
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Mar 29, 2012
          Are you suggesting this cause you don't like GFL?
        • Apr 28, 2013
          Just because I said a game was inferior does NOT mean its dead. While the GAMEPLAY isn't as great compared to source, the community is actually very nice.
        • Feb 24, 2011
          We need @Detonator leading us to the promised land of CS:GO ZE.
          Then we'll need @Detonator leading us to the promised lands of CS:S-Source2 ZE, finally ending it with some good o'le de_zoo.
          • Like Like x 3
          • Oct 11, 2012
            When did gaming become so fun that half of the top player servers on CS:GO are simply idle acheivement servers. Man, I must have missed the memo that sitting idle in a game was so fun. This is why GO sucks. Too much about unlocks and not enough about play the game and have fun.

Any release date on Source 2 engine yet? Haven't seen anything released since March.

Also tried to check out this wonderful de_zoo... all servers that are playing it are empty.

[IMG]
          • Feb 27, 2012
            This existed in tf2 as well.... it's just for easy weapon drops for trade up contracts, or for the possibility of getting a super rare drop (it happens)
          • Apr 3, 2013
            Dota 2 should get Source 2 soon, probably in a few weeks or after The Internationals.
            CS:GO Should have it soon too, but I'm guessing late 2015 or next year.
            • Useful Useful x 1
            • Oct 11, 2012
              I guess I haven't been up with the times on all these new achievement systems. I'm old school - just want to be able to pick and drop a game at any point and not "get behind". Perhaps I am just ignorant in this regard.

Just a random thought - since it's summer maybe some random 1 a week events should happen (not nec. all ZE, but just PF events in general). Those have always been fun.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Apr 28, 2013
                We could do maps we normally couldn't play in rotation or just maps that everyone likes (pred is always good).
                Speaking of maps, I probably think pF should have a rotation cleanup of maps that don't play well or are generally hated by the community (excluding some classic maps).
              • Oct 25, 2013
                I personally dislike CS:GO ZE, imo it simply sucks. As for CS:S ZE- I'm now done with school so if there are others interested I can play from time to time (best time would be the one that was during Tony's event). EDIT- Also the map variety in CSGO isn't that good, I'd like to see a lot more maps from CSS on CSGO. For example, christmas infection, predator, paranoid, minas, lila panic.

Lastly, imo PlagueFest is the best ze server on CSS- it being in English helps a lot with team work and communication between players and unlike PlagueFest, something about GFL makes me dislike that server.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • May 17, 2014
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Jun 29, 2014
                    csgo is in and css ze is out, was fun like 7 years ago when it came out or whenever it did, itl be just like the other attempts to revive it, regulars will join for a day or two then it will lay idle again
                  • Feb 25, 2014
                    Well if certain server would crash or fail for like weeks you would be surprised how full ze will be again, it's just that the people we used to have are on a different server because of a certain thing that happened. The playerbase is just to small to have that many ze server in css
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Apr 27, 2013
                      ZE will continue to exist in both source and csgo, but it will be without PF
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Funny Funny x 1
                      • Zing! Zing! x 1
                      • Feb 27, 2012
                        There are so many posts lately that make me miss Neutral ratings :crying:
                        • Agree Agree x 3
                        • Apr 28, 2013
                          As much as I missed neutral and bad ratings, I could see why they were removed. So much people spammed them like it was wildfire.
                          Hydreigon, Jun 23, 2015 Last edited by Hydreigon, Sep 7, 2015