Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

The Great Summer Hunt Contest: SIGN-UP PAGE

Discussion in Events started by Conker, Jun 3, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 31, 2010

You can join up until Monday, July 2nd!!!

BIG EDIT:

Prizes have been added! A RANDOM SELECTOR will happen every 2 weeks (for the next 2 months), and the winner (it's by RANDOM) gets to pick a game of his/her choice at a value of 19.99 or less on Steam.

tl;dr:

For everyone:

- REPLY "I'm in" to be a part of the Summer Hunt Contest! It's a scavenger hunt that will last 2 months on all PF servers. Clues will be added daily, and the first to reply them on the seperate thread named "CLUES" which I'll be making on the morning of the 1st of July. Regulars and/or high-ranked players (type !rank) will also have a chance to win prizes!

For mappers:
    - For mappers who would like to submit their map for the Mappers' contest, REPLY the name of your map along with the prefix of the server (ZM, ZE, MG).

The long version (with rules, prize list, etc) follows :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ladies and Gentlemen of PlagueFest,

As you all know, I've been meaning to make an epic contest for y'all for quite some time. But as I haven't been on too much as of late, due to work and other reasons, I've decided to come back with a bang for something interesting that I'd love to have as many people as I can involved.

The start date of this contest is on July 1st, and it will go on until the end date on August 31st at 11:59 PM PST.

P.S. This is only the Sign-Up page. On June 30th, I will post a separate thread for the Summer Hunt contest (where people would be replying the Clues).

P.P.S.: If you would like to help volunteer for this contest (finding clues / calculating the points), you are more than welcomed to. Add me/talk to me on Steam, and in turn, I will be grateful to you!
    • Like Like x 2
      Conker, Jun 3, 2012 Last edited by Conker, Jul 1, 2012
    • Mar 31, 2010
      Also, for anyone who wants to participate for the MAPPERS section of this contest, reply here as well, and state what your project will be. I'm really hoping someone can make the Ghost Ship happen! It would be super epic in my opinion!
    • Sep 25, 2010
      I'm in. For the map contest and participate in the clues hunt.
      MAP NAME : MARIO ZE MAP.
      This is gonna be fun:grin:
      • Like Like x 2
      • Nov 29, 2010
      • Jan 12, 2011
        1) Massive contest
        2) Easy to participate in at little to no cost (time)
        3) Conker up to his wacky gimmicks

Sure, sign me up. (The clues hunt, that is.)
        I must ask though: will the clues be dropped by you, Roots, or someone officially stamped "The Bewildered Boorman"?
        • Like Like x 1
        • Mar 31, 2010

By the Bewildered Boorman of course! Nah, the clues will mainly be dropped by me, but I'm thinking that maybe I could use somebody's help to post clues on several servers -- but this has to come from someone who's not interested in joining the contest (a volunteer). But I'll sleep on it and think what's the best solution for this! :smile:
        • Jan 12, 2011
          You know that means you'll be getting a ton of friend requests in the coming weeks and people will relentlessly chase you onto the servers every time you log in, right?

My suggestion is to employ a few anonymous volunteers via PM's (not publicly suggested by this thread) to send out clues. After a clue is deposited somewhere, announce the volunteer's name in the thread so it has official backing and people will climb over each other trying to post the clue first. It takes some of the burden off of you and it'll keep people on their toes. However, this might backfire and give the server trolls something fun to do while people spam the shit out of this thread with false information. Something to sleep on, indeed.

Edit: I've had a couple more ideas.
          1) If server playtime is one of the criteria to earn points, we're gonna have to be more aggressive at kicking spectators so they don't farm time.
          2) Perhaps another way to drop hints on the servers is through some ship/triangle/Scooby Doo themed spray with a clue written on it. Again, it would have to be validated by some means in the thread and again, it could backfire by some creative trolls. To keep it fair for most people, it should only be sprayed near spawn where ALL players (T and CT) can see it. Better yet, teleport someone into the skybox of an open map and tell people to look up.
          Vadleon, Jun 3, 2012 Last edited by Vadleon, Jun 3, 2012
        • May 14, 2011

mg_ghosts_multigame
          zm_impossibru_random

Cant hurt to try. (Luffy will steal this from us)

And I will probably enter more maps as time goes by. I may also make a ghost ship mg map but I have no ideas for it yet.

*EDIT* O shit it thought it said $5.99 or below. MUST WORK HARD TO BEAT LUFFY.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Oct 17, 2011
            Hmm just went on and saw this. This is a really massive contest. I actually still have some little time to work on a map or two before I go to Lebenon. I will go to school tomorrow and start a map there. My map will be named ze_highmount_escape_1 I guess. I will also try to make a zm ghost ship. Thank you for this contest conquer. One thing, is there a contest for zm for the most points or is it only ze?
            • Like Like x 1
            • May 14, 2011
              I agree, if you do this you should only make it fair by posting clues 2 clues a day per server. But when you sign up you should say which server clue hunt you are following. If that makes sense. If so enter me in MG.

Also in mumble, you can only make it fair by posting to every channel at once. Otherwise people get an advantage.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Oct 17, 2011
                @Conker one warning. Don't do a zm contest because people do secrets in some maps and get fake points which makes you think that they are real.Just my suggestion.
              • Feb 24, 2011
                mapname: ze_bermuda_v1
                Thanks.

*edit* It's based on the ghost ship story written up above. I got this.
                • Winner Winner x 4
                • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
                  Luffaren, Jun 3, 2012 Last edited by Luffaren, Jun 3, 2012
                • May 14, 2011
                  oh noes, we know who's won now, judging by the contrast of your impossibru map to the others in the time you did it lol.
                • May 11, 2011
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Nov 2, 2011
                    Don't lose hope! Starting a ZE map right now with 2 month deadline will be impossible, at least for me. My entry will be zm_deserted.
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • May 14, 2011
                      Lol judging by his impossibru map made in 14 hours or so....

Anyway, on a more optimistic note, I am brain storming ideas for mg_pirates will possible be an entry from me.
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Mar 31, 2010
                        Oh, that's what I'm trying to do. Get a few anonymous volunteers to go in game and say in chat: "@CLUE: GHOST" or something so that everyone will see it (as admin public chat), and the first to reply on the Clues thread gets the points. That being said, there will be 2 different clues on all 6 different servers, so don't worry, the clues won't be the same on any 2 servers. I'm coming up with 1000 clues (also with the help of some epic volunteers).

As for trolling by posting the wrong clue on the forums, I'll see what I can do to get their posts deleted, and forum rules may apply (so people won't post non-sense), so that a constant troll will get a warning or such.

Also, 1) I agree. I think there's a command to remove specs (Kyle added something back).
                        2) I wouldn't post sprays/teleport people. Instead I'll reply the code 2-3 times in a row on Admin Public Chat ("Clue: GHOST. For contest applicants, visit Plaguefest.com and enter the code now). Something like that. I'm thinking of not even closing the contest for people joining after July 1st, just because this might be a great way to get a lot more people involved. Say someone says "meh" about joining the hunt and such, but after a while goes "you know what? I'll just sign up on the forums, and see what gives!"

The mappers contest is for any and all servers! :smile:
                        A panel of judges will test your maps on the different servers (just like people do right now), and if your map stands out or is a hell of a lot of fun and that people like it, your chances will obviously be high!

Yeah, I will be posting different clues on different servers. That's a good idea to reply the server + clue. E.g.: "MG: Ghost" Ghost being the clue, not your name lol!

Oh this won't have anything to do with the game playing at all. It all depends on if you look at the chat at times. My clues will be pretty visible though -- it'll be hard to miss!! :smile:
                        Conker, Jun 3, 2012 Last edited by Conker, Jun 3, 2012
                      • May 14, 2011

And I found a clue!

Clue is "Ghost"
                      • Sep 14, 2008
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • Mar 31, 2010
                          LOL! Tsk tsk. The Summer Hunt contest begins on July 1st, not today! :razz:
                        Thread Status:
                        Not open for further replies.