Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

The History of PlagueFest

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by Jake, Jan 17, 2012

1. Dec 30, 2011
    I think this would be a pretty neat idea. To have a section of the website devoted to telling the story behind the creation and continuation of PlagueFest. Maybe the founder and some of the long-standing leaders/admins could help put the story together etc etc.

Members could maybe submit old screenshots of gameplay in the PF servers to help piece it all together

Thanks for reading :mage:
  2. Mar 16, 2008
    http://plaguefest.com/index.php?/topic/345-the-history-of-plague-fest/
  3. Feb 18, 2011
    Are you suggesting that we make something like an archive on this server?
  5. Jun 4, 2006
    Sounds more like an extended 'about us' page.
  6. Dec 30, 2011
    I mean a section of the forums dedicated to it.

We could keep updating it too e.g. when we beat ultimate on predator (which is a pretty big achievement for pf :whistling: )

Something along those lines

I guess so, but with this members would be able to submit videos/pics of major achievements in PF (e.g. beating predator on ultimate) and have it updated regularly

I think it'd be pretty neat :thumbsup:
  7. Jun 4, 2006
    Sounds like the forums in general... why make a section? :confused:
  8. Mar 12, 2008

That isn't history at all. That's "epeen" inflation, not history worthy.

The thread is stickied and can be bumped at any time, but worthless posting on it will probably be deleted.
  9. Apr 9, 2007
  10. Jun 4, 2006
  11. Dec 30, 2011
    I took the idea from a TF2 clan (called iO). They had a history section in the portal that new members could look at to get a better feel of the place.

That's basically what I was suggesting, something to help give new members an idea of what PF is like and the legend behind the name, so to speak

It could be added for future reference, something to look back on and reminisce :thumbsup:
  12. Jul 19, 2011
    I think that forum would have more bad than good. like how the dream team can make us go 0-20 on any map. Also, like how much zombie inflating occurs. Beating pred is like 1 in how many years??
  13. Dec 30, 2011
    It's not the dream team, it's those TCE trolls, and they hardly touch PF anymore I think they got bored, lol. The zombie inflation is mainly due to the zelites faggots but our admins only warn them, they don't take action. If it were up to me they'd be kicked on the spot so when they rejoin they've lost their 100 points and can't buy the zombie totem. I don't know why the admins don't realise it's the best way to deal with them... :rolleyes:
  14. Aug 18, 2006
  15. Feb 18, 2011
    They got their own server. And we warn so they don't do it again, if it is the same people doing it over and over then we do something. Get proof that people are doing this while we are not in the server and make a player report. You could also message an admin.
  16. Dec 30, 2011
    I try to notify the multiple admins who are playing at the same time but they've never punished zombie inflators in the past.

With a bit of help with creating demos I may be able to get proof in future :thumbsup: