Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Discussion in Movies started by FluffehKitteh, Dec 3, 2013

1. Oct 18, 2012
    Loved all of The Lord of the ring movies and the hobbit. Cannot wait till it comes out! So what's your opinions on the hobbit?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jun 11, 2012
      I did enjoy it, definitely. Though it felt a slight bit too "goofy" in some parts, atleast compared to the original LOTR trilogy, which did have a few goofy/funny parts on its own, but they felt more serious/fitting imo.
      That hippie forest wizard and the goblin king felt a bit overkill on the goofy-scale for me. It really took me out of the experience, sadly. I guess i'm just a grumpy goof-hating clownshoe. :frown:

In all seriousness though, i like goofy stuff, but only if it's preserved within the boundaries of keeping the mood stable through the movie. I loved the mishaps of merry & pippin, as for the funny pickle between gollum & sam, but it managed to keep the overall serious/epic factor of the movie just fine, While the hobbit felt more like a roller-coaster between serious/epic parts of trying to escape the dangerous wolf-riders, and leading straight to goofy mcgooberton riding his pack of horny hyper-rabbits, giggling his way off in the sunset..

Oh also, i haven't read any of the books FYI. The hobbit book may be intended to goof around a little bit more than the LOTR books? I have no clue, so please don't manhandle my jugglies!

I'm eager to see the second hobbit movie, though i'll lower my expectations this time around.
      No offense to the hardcore lovers out there, i'm sorry.
    • Jul 8, 2012

But I love all of the LOTR Movies. I watched all of them at least twice in theaters. I can not wait for the next hobbit to come out. I've been looking for it online for a while hoping to find it somewhere before it comes out lol.
      Post Merged, Dec 3, 2013
      But please? I want to.
    • Oct 18, 2012
      I just finished the new one and IMO I liked this one better then the first hobbit.
    • Jul 8, 2012
      I want to go see it tonight but I have to work. :frown:
    • Feb 3, 2012
      I'm going to see it probably later this week.
    • Feb 24, 2011
      I saw it yesterday, liked it much more than the 1st hobbit flick.
      I am happy, i am love, i am life.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Mar 4, 2012
        It's not quite as "adult" oriented as LoTR but it's definitely a serious novel.
      • Jul 8, 2012
      • Feb 1, 2011
        Can't wait to see it! I liked the first one a lot and heard this one is even better. I re-read the book before the first one came out so hopefully my memory serves me well enough to distinguish the extra stuff they add in :razz:
      • Jul 8, 2012
        That's my issue too. And that fact that I look at all the camera angles and what not being a A/V production student people hate going to movies with me hahaha.
      • Feb 2, 2013
        Sounds interesting. @lilsouza what do you think?
        • Like Like x 1
        • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
        • May 12, 2013
          hue <------ all that needs to be said but to be real book > moive
        • Feb 2, 2013
        • May 12, 2013
          shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
        • Jan 21, 2011

I heard that magneto fights khan. Is this true?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
        • Jun 11, 2012
        • May 31, 2012
          Just got home from it with my boyz. Fucking amazing. 10 out of 10.:star: :star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

EDIT: You'll be very happy with the ending.
          • Agree Agree x 1