Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

The Humble Bundle Mojam

Discussion in Gaming started by Devious Toast, Feb 18, 2012

1. Aug 1, 2011
  2. Feb 21, 2007
  3. Mar 12, 2008
    It's the humble bundle! You pay what you want for a bunch of indie games, whether it be $0.01 or $1000.

Usually there's what's called a "Beat the median" which is around $4-$6 and you get extra stuff if you match the price, or go over it. This can be extra games, Game soundtracks, or other content. If anything gets added later on to the bundle, you automatically get that for free as well. (If you "beat the median")

You can see the previous bundles on their page as well, and a lot of them have value of over $60-$80 on steam if you were to buy them full price.

After you make a purchase, it will provide you with a unique link which you can download the games from, and you may download them as many times as you please, since all the games are DRM free. Most games however will have a steam key, and of course can only be downloaded once. I always get the bundle when it comes around, because I like indie games and you can choose where the money goes, whether it be all to charity, or the developers.

A video walk-through is on their site, check it out.

EDIT: only 29 hours left to take advantage of this! it will go by quick, hurry up.
  4. Jan 5, 2007
    Looks like a pretty cool idea, and props to them for putting the money towards charities that need it.
  5. Sep 30, 2011
    2012?
    When are they going to get with the program.
  6. Aug 1, 2011
    23 hours left. After watching them work, I'm kinda glad I didn't go for computer programming or sciences.
  7. Apr 2, 2011
    Sent all the money to the American Red Cross... I feel good about it too ^^
  8. Jan 10, 2009
  9. Feb 18, 2011
    LOL they are livestreaming right now and they all are hipsters. (I guess its typical because the site is about indie games.)
  10. Jan 5, 2007
    I take back what I said before. I hate hipsters.
  11. Jul 14, 2008
    The broadside express game looks interesting, I'll buy it. I watched them work on the models for about 3 hours, it is interesting the amount of time they take to design and make simple models.
  12. Dec 6, 2011
    So wait, they're releasing a whole bundle of games and if you donate, you'll get them?
  13. Jul 1, 2010
  14. Mar 12, 2008

To all that don't know, subscribe to the humblebundle's mailing list for updates on future releases.

They're all worthwhile IMO and they don't pester you with spam mail.