Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

The Humble Bundle!

Discussion in Gaming started by Taters, Nov 1, 2011

1. Mar 12, 2008

If you bought the original game, Voxatron, (Was short, but fun) You now get Blocks That Matter, AND The Binding Of Isaac. Free.

You can donate any amount you want, (from one penny to 1,000,000,000 etc etc) and you are able to activate Binding of Isaac and Blocks that Matter through steam.

But now it seems you need to pay OVER $4 to get all the games now. This is still a great deal, considering Both extra games are worth $10 at the least.
  2. Apr 29, 2011
    Gonna be an ass and say that technically it would not be free, considering that you have to donate some amount of $ to get it.

Your epic facepalm represents what I wish to do on ZE.
  3. Mar 12, 2008
    Well to initially get Voxatron, you could donate a single penny. Those that chose to pay over the median get a little bit extra as a "thanks". (not to mention future content and updates to voxatron, free of charge)

I love humble bundle and I always choose to put the proceeds to charity, though sometimes I send the devs a little bit of love.

But if you look at it like this: ~$5 nets you 3 games well over $10 in total+future DLC.
  4. May 27, 2008
    I'm going to -I guess- update this when there's a new HB out so we can discuss it.

In this HB, we have these lovely games
    [IMG]

Here's a link to the current Humble Bundle.

A reminder that with the Humble Bundle, you pay what you want for some pretty awesome games, and your payment goes to charity foundations, the developers, or the website. And as long as your purchase is above a dollar, you can unlock a Steam key for these games so you can add them to your Steam library.
  5. Jan 12, 2011
    I saw this an hour ago, and it has since jumped tens of thousands of purchases. :thumbsup:
  6. Feb 14, 2012
  7. Jun 23, 2010
    Gave them $10. Even tho its not a lot, every little bit helps!
  8. Feb 14, 2012
    Meh. It's better than the average. Frankly as long as you're not giving 0.01 or pirating the thing I think you're in the clear.
  9. Jan 12, 2011
    I'm glad to see the Windows average going up. I remember previous bundles where they were real cheap asses about it (~$3-4) while Mac and Linux were better sports when purchasing (~$7-15).

When I buy mine, I typically pay $2 a game (counting bonus games) plus some extra for soundtracks and whatever else. I'll be doing this probably later in the week when I allocate some money on a card for it.
    Vadleon, May 31, 2012 Last edited by Vadleon, May 31, 2012
  10. Jan 2, 2012
    I really like humble bundle, a good way to show to the devs of video games that we care about them and about what they do :smile: It's funny though that some people only donate like a dollar just to get the games :/
  11. Mar 12, 2008
    Yes, i saw bastion when it came out, but cba to buy it. Looks good, so I jumped on this recent bundle.

And yes, if I can't update the thread in time, someone else may bump it with a new bundle that pops up.

This thread may also be bumped with new indieroyale bundles too.

(Optional) Make note of what is included in the bundle as well, so there is no confusion if someone is reading old posts.

Thanks @Peter
  12. Aug 1, 2011
    Think about it this way. If the games are good (like they are now), and if 1 million people donate a dollar, that's 1 million dollars that charities didn't have before. So money is money, especially in charity. Not to mention that most people are spending 5+ dollars, which is excellent.
  13. Jun 23, 2011

Games look pretty good :grin:
  14. Nov 29, 2010
    $9 here. I really like bastion, but I've never gotten around to actually playing it.
  15. Feb 14, 2012
    I honestly find the games meh. I just like giving to the Humble Packs. Good cause.
  16. Feb 18, 2011
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Feb 14, 2012
      Some brony donated 1000s. He's likely going to get his cock sucked by some nerd hookers for that one.
    • Mar 12, 2008
      There's one that donates like $10-$15k every bundle. He even outbid notch with $20,000 once. It's a brony collection pool of sorts. But idc. It's going to charity. Back on topic!
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Sadly @Taters I had to stop buying, I haven't touched about 30+ Indie games I bought through Indie Royale. The last one was the current Graduation Indie Royale Bundle. It just got to the point to where I was collecting and not playing. :clown:

EDIT: Fuck what I said, I'm buying this shit tomorrow when I get my paycheck.:silly:
    • Mar 12, 2008
      Better saved than spent, even if it's tempting. I usually pick em up most the time, but if it doesn't look like i'll play it at one point, i probably won't buy it. I liked this bundle 'cause i was looking at LIMBO, and it looked cool. So did Bastion. And i already had amnesia :frown:

This bundle IMO was a "get" for me.