Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

the ipad 2

Discussion in iPhone/iOS started by Super Mario, Dec 1, 2011

1. Jul 27, 2011

The itouch was a christmas gift, as the ipad I got for college use. Now i know it doesnt replace a computer, but with Pages I could type up any of my assignments if I had to.

Its not for businessman, but is great for students; Taking notes, studying, writing papers. Thats who id recommend it to.
  2. Oct 27, 2010
    I could type a paper on my BlackBerry if i had to...
  3. Nov 29, 2010
  4. Aug 1, 2011
    So I can spend hundreds of bucks to get an iPad 2, which you are comparing to a laptop. I have a laptop a couple hundred bucks less. Can the iPad play CS:S? Can it play decent platform games at all? Can it write a paper without making you rage quit? I mean, if I want a cool toy, I would buy games. Or an iPhone, which conveniently can go in your pocket. So yes, the iPad 2 is a waste of money.
  5. Feb 18, 2011
    Apple created the iPad to counter the Kindle. It wasn't trying to be a laptop the size of your ass. The whole point was to make it a +1 off of the kindle, while still containing the same qualities of an iPod touch.
  6. Oct 22, 2007
    Did everyone forget to mention the biggest fall for apple products?!? (FLASH!!! IT CAN"T USE IT)... Don't get me wrong i love my iphone, but it is held back by such a simple thing. Sorry, but i would go samsung galaxy 10 and have a better toy.
  7. Dec 7, 2010
    Apple is the worst offender for being proprietary than any other company. This means that they don't like to play nice with anybody else's accessories or products.
  8. May 15, 2011
    My school offered me an iPad to replace my books. I said fuck that. I will NEVER own a Apple product, for nothing more than spite. :razz:

It is a good product. But if it's not for you then it's not for you. Some people like it and some don't.

And I've seen what those things can do. Damn they're good. Of course their is always better, you just have to shell out the extra cash. But if it's just for dicking around, this is your toy, IMO.

Also, I like how every Apple related topic becomes a debate. ^^

'Tis amusing.
  9. Oct 27, 2010
    And we're back to the Kindle Fire:
    1. It runs Flash
    2. It's less then half the cost
    3. It fits in your hand
    4. It wieghs less
    5. It loads webpages faster
    6. Amazon Primes media library
  10. Jul 1, 2010
    I would recommend the nook tablet over the kindle fire.

http://www.geek.com/articles/gadgets/nook-tablet-vs-kindle-fire-how-the-specs-compare-2011117/

It's 50 bucks more than the fire but completely worth it. I have a nook color and I love it, seriously thinking about getting a nook tablet. I've always liked how B&N's book reader has been, and I would probably mostly use mine for reading. Fire has half the storage, half the ram, and no SD slot and the battery doesn't last as long.

Only thing IMO that the Fire has over the tablet, is access to the amazon app store. I'm really hoping that B&N either allows access to other markets, or really tries to get their own going in an explosive way now that they have a tablet. The spec's of the nook tablet should get people developing for it.