Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

The Last Of Us

Discussion in Gaming started by retslag1, Jun 11, 2013

1. Feb 21, 2007
    • Feb 3, 2012
      Looks like something worth buying. I really liked the trailer.
    • Jul 28, 2011
      I think it looks amazing. Any word yet on whether or not it will it be available for PS4 instead of just the PS3?
    • Feb 11, 2012
      I haven't even clicked on the link yet and my mind is blown..for sure getting this game.
    • Nov 2, 2011
    • Dec 27, 2012
      I want this game. I'm a sucker for horror games (not that I actually like them, I just feel it's so damn satisfying when I finish scary games).
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Wowly fuck, read that fucking commentary on wikipedia: who is trekking across a post-apocalyptic United States in 2033

"Stealth and cover mechanics are featured in the game"

They must have heard of the game Metro 2033 I suppose???? What a steal again. I don't understand why they take like the exact same year of another game with the name. I watched the trailer and yes it looks cool, but it's almost as if it are the same makers of Metro: Last Light. Only the gameplay is different.

And if it stays on PS3 and doesn't come to PC there's not much I can acclaim this game for, but I'm curious to test it out. I just read it's a PS3 exclusif, so this game means nothing the me, much like it always has been for every PS3 exlusif to me. Maybe if it's so popular, we'll get a PC release eventually!
      JorisCeoen, Jun 11, 2013 Last edited by JorisCeoen, Jun 11, 2013
    • Apr 1, 2012
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Nov 29, 2010
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • Feb 18, 2011
          Damn it rets....I wasted the majority of the last two days watching all those clips....Awesome story though and I would of bought it but I'm not buying a PS3 to play it.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Mar 12, 2008
            There is no similarity at all between the two in the slightest. If anything I would consider The Last of Us closer to Metal Gear Solid or Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six. In MGS you play third person, and can choose to go First-person to line shots better, and you can press up against walls/debris/boxes/etc or crawl along the floor sneaking. You also have options for close-quarters combat that doesn't involve a 1-hit K.O or a 1-hit death by stabbing. You can't do any of that in Metro, all of the stealth is based on moving around or under enemies and 1-shotting enemies with throwing knives and is played entirely from the first person perspective.

The story of Metro 2033 was based in Russia after nukes raped the surface. The nukes hit before 2033 of course, as people were living in the metros for a while now. The surface is so poisoned that if you go up without a gasmask you're as good as dead. The 2033 comes into play because that is the year when Artyom is chosen to deliver an S.O.S to the ranger headquarters in Polis. Metro: Last Light was in 2034. Not only do the engines differ, saying they seem the same isn't accurate at all.

I'm a fan of vidya and everything in this post is based off my own knowledge and opinions.
          • Apr 9, 2012
            I agree, but couldn't they just have used any other year? I mean from all the number they could also have used a Google year for the same price :-/
          • Jun 9, 2012
            Watching some of the gameplay and the trailer, I'd definitely get this. Just depends if I get the PS4 first...
          • Mar 12, 2008
          • May 21, 2012
            Already pre-ordered it a long time ago. Can't wait to get my hands on it! I've played the uncharted series before so I'm already predicting this will be a great game. If you haven't played the uncharted series on PS3 yet than you are missing out on a great cinematic/gaming experience.