Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

The Legend of Korra - Book One Soundtrack

Discussion in Music started by Vadleon, Jun 27, 2013

1. Jan 12, 2011
    So most people who watched Avatar: The Last Airbender will recognize that it had an interesting and diverse soundtrack produced by the Track Team (partnership of Jeremy Zuckerman and Benjamin Wynn) while being chiefly composed in MIDI for most of its run, with the exception of the finale which had a proper full orchestra for its score (which was awesome). However, to date, there has been no official wide release of its soundtrack from any of the three books.

The Legend of Korra (sequel series to ATLA) brought more sounds to the table, featuring jazzy themes from the 20's while remaining distinctly Avatar, this time splitting the difference with a partial digital composition and a small live orchestra. As some may already know, the show is finally getting a proper 26-piece soundtrack release for Book One on July 16th this year! Additionally, as mentioned on the Track Team's Facebook page, if this sells really well "it'll be very likely that an ATLA soundtrack will happen."

With this fantastic news, I'll oblige anyone here who wants it with a sample from the Wall Street Journal entitled "Republic City Under Attack." To quote the page:
    For the sample, I urge people to listen through since it's a track that builds up to a strong ending! I'll also provide the Amazon link for anyone who wants to preorder it now for $11.57 (which is relatively cheap for a soundtrack). Worth noting, most places in the US should have an option to receive it on release day with the preorder (for Amazon Prime users, it's with the free two day shipping).

Wall Street Journal sample -> http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/06/13/listen-to-an-exclusive-music-track-from-the-legend-of-korra/
    Amazon order page -> http://www.amazon.com/The-Legend-Korra-Original-Music/dp/B00D6I7EMU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372358280&sr=8-1&keywords=legend+of+korra+soundtrack

Go Team Avatar! [IMG]
    Vadleon, Jun 27, 2013 Last edited by Vadleon, Jun 27, 2013
  2. Jan 12, 2011
    Bump for new info/reminder!

Legend of Korra soundtrack before release

So as you can see above, the price has been lowered to $8.89, so it's cheaper to buy the physical soundtrack than the MP3s online and you get the MP3s for free anyway!! Also, it gets released tomorrow, so order it now if you haven't and if you have contain your SQUEEs for just another day! (And don't worry, if you bought it earlier at a higher price, you'll be refunded the difference because Amazon is awesome.)