Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

The new CS:S "update"

Discussion in Technical Support started by Yuppi, Apr 19, 2013

1. May 18, 2012
    So.. As I've said I haven't played since saturday and now I was gonna try to play again, and when I'm gonna convert etcetc. the shit to the newer shit, my steam crashes, I can't do anything to play. Did this happen to anyone else?

Maybe this was the problem everyone had, but I've been underground so don't blame me! :smile:
  2. May 14, 2011
  3. May 18, 2012
    I've been away for a while so I had no idea, but thanks :smile:
  4. May 14, 2011
    This update made almost everything start to bug. You are not alone.
  5. Apr 19, 2013
    Installing the "update" will depend on how big your maps folder is. As for me, who has almost 40GB of maps, it took almost an hour. Steam will appear to have stopped responding/frozen. :l You just have to be patient and wait for it to finish.
  6. May 18, 2012
    Oh okay, am I able to remove stuff and then do it?
  7. Apr 19, 2013
    Yeah, but I suggest you to just move your maps folder to e.g your desktop and then move it into the new cstrike after the update has finished. (The update will copy your counter-strike source installation to \steam\steamapps\common\ then apply the update to it.)
  8. Oct 29, 2010
    I managed to update on 2 PCs with no issues. :nerd:
  9. Apr 19, 2013
    I've had nothing but issues. :[