Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

The new update: AWP bug

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by slisher, Sep 17, 2011

1. May 20, 2011

The new update Valve brought us yesterday has made a lot of improvements, and with good, there is bad to come.
    This time, the zoom-in time they've reduced on the AWP seems to have created a new glitch which allows players to shoot with the AWP like 4 times in 1 second. All they have to do is quickly switch to another wep or knife and switch back to AWP and fire. There is no delay in bringing up the AWP into your hands, which allows this to happen. I've created a demo, for those who'd like to see it in action.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wq79oz4y66cpzon

Shooting while zoomed in is also pretty quick, but with no scope it's kind of inaccurate. Take a look at it or try it while you're in game.
    Regards, Slish.
  2. Jun 30, 2011
    Im auctually in the game your in, and i've noticed that its almost like a pistol and wow, just wow. Anyways to fix this?
  3. May 20, 2011
    It's up to Valve to fix it, my intention with this thread is to alert people that this is regarding the new update, and has nothing to do with the server or such. Also if admins see this happen, they wouldn't think it's a hacker.
  4. Oct 29, 2010

I'm so gonna reinstall CSS now. . .
  5. Feb 17, 2011

awp whores r 100% happier now
  6. Feb 12, 2011
  7. Jun 23, 2010
    I'm 110% happier now since I get to shoot faster with the awp :smile: But then there's time where it won't shoot for a few seconds when you do it. So we just have to sit here and wait for Valve to fix it.
  8. Jun 30, 2011
    There's always an option to restrict it until the bug is fixed >.>
  9. Jul 4, 2011
  10. Apr 6, 2011
    There isn't much anyone can do except wait for Valve to fix it.. But it was a great idea to make sure everyone knew what was going on.
  11. May 20, 2011
    This was going to be found out anyways, I just wanted to come forward and make the server a better place.
  12. Apr 14, 2011
    just so you no vavle has notting to so with counter stike souce updates. the updates are done by a out side 3rd party called Hidden Path Entertainment. they do updates since mid 2010.
  13. Jun 4, 2006
    HPE all up in our shit fuckin' it up... shiiiieett
  14. Mar 16, 2008
    I've disabled the AWP on ZM/ZE servers for the time being
  15. Mar 12, 2008

it would be bad if admins also took advantage of this, and used it as well.

Because that would be a bad thing to do.
  16. Mar 26, 2011
    I hope they fix it SOON! I miss the AWPS!!!!!!
  17. May 20, 2011
    We just updated but didn't take a look at the changelog yet.
  18. Oct 29, 2010
    CSS is updating right now. (~4:25 PM PST). I don't know if it's the fix to the AWP bug, but I suspect it is.
  19. Mar 16, 2008
  20. Jun 19, 2011
    Mhmm it doesn't seems like a css problem. The awp is totally fine on another server. weird