Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

The newly edited maps that arent so good

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by skateking, Mar 30, 2008

1. Mar 15, 2008
    I was playing on the newly edited maps. Hospital edited sucked. I mean i couldnt even play it. The new app7e better world PF version sucks. No good spots. You could just get rid of some crouch spots but everything is fucked up.
  2. Jan 5, 2007
    I've noticed a lot of the maps seem to have issues. Last night when John and I were the only admins on, it was on the new hospital map with the mirrored dark side. The players were complaining about it being unnecessary, as well as the lack of buy zones in the spawns.

Then I believe it's the wtfhax map that also has problems. There are numerous one-way areas located on the map that a single person would be able to defend. Not to mention many people have complained from CS:S lagging and crashing when on that map.

We can't forget ATIX_helicopter either. Each time the nuke goes off, multiple people get disconnected from the server due to lagging out. Then of course there's the issue with the server itself crashing temporarily if the nuke is used too many times.

In short, many of the new maps just plain suck.
  3. Mar 15, 2008
    I was on with you guys on hospital. I rember it was really weird.
  4. Oct 27, 2007
    if you cant hold zombies with out your crouch spots. then wow...

and that hosptial map was trashed i was told so i dont know why it was tested again
  5. Mar 15, 2008
    I dont care about not having crouch spots. Its i like maps that aren't pitch black. Better world i liked the lighting how it was. also i liked to get on top of that one teleporter door. This is just my opinion don't take it too personally.
  6. Oct 27, 2007

its just a secret :whistling:
  7. Apr 9, 2007
    If you can find any better maps (Which I suggest you do fast.....) Because I would sure as hell like to see you pull off a better job then us.. Its been only complaining since you've been back and I'm starting to get sick of it...
  8. Oct 7, 2007

Betterworld PF:

I like how its dark on the new Betterworld map. It just adds to the challenge. The cheap spots are taken care of...no more tpmenu. What more do you want? It makes it more interesting. This map does not suck. Its totally PF!

That mall map:

Honestly...I haven't played it. I saw Punisher playing it. It looked alright...couple crouch spots. Meh, can't wait to fully test it out.

And I guess thats it. :tongue:

.Kitty.
  9. Oct 27, 2007

that being said. all the maps have problems. and my maps well people just dont like the zombies to have a better edge on things
  10. Jan 5, 2007
    If the maps have problems, why are they on the list then? No offense, but it just seems like a common sense thing to me.
  11. Oct 27, 2007
    common sense yes. but lets see you come up with a whole new list of maps that have no problems. that players WILL not complain about
  12. Apr 9, 2007
    No kidding... I know Reaper has read my post and he still has not posted anything, Does this mean hes uncapable of finding maps that everyone will enjoy? Or does this mean he is simply just bitching because someone forgot to add his favorite map....

If anyone thinks I'm being to harsh on him Let me know.. Otherwise.... Reaper you better smarten up fast...
  13. Jan 5, 2007

Kyle, you and Punisher can sling insults around all you wish. It's not going to bother me because unlike some people, I don't need to resort to it.

But to answer your questions, I'm not even looking for maps because good ones are already on the server. It's just no one plays them because there are too many bad ones that they get pushed off the voting lists. Eliminate the bad maps and then maybe you'll see that we do have some decent ones. And what do you mean my favorite map? I don't pick one map as my favorite. So you're kind of wasting space with that statement.
  14. Apr 9, 2007
    I should not have to talk you down like this, You know better.... If you really want me to talk to you like a child, Keep this up.

Me and Punisher? Reaper Give it a rest.
  15. Dec 30, 2006
    everyone already has a favorite map on the server and it is called megabox... :smile:

punisher i say we tear these maps apart and get rid of every single room or crouch spot and every single object you could possibly use to barricade. J?K.

The hospital map was junked and punisher knows this. I dont think there is anything wrong with the apple world. it got rid of the majority of cheap or illegal spots. I can see the lightning that people dont like but that is personal opinion because some people like it some people dont. if we were to remove every map that some players had a problem with we would not have a single map on the server besides my big empty box because who could have a problem with my box map?
  16. Apr 9, 2007
  17. Jan 11, 2007
    ...Actually... I like it. No cheap spots and team cooperation is a *must* for both zombies and humans.
  18. Dec 17, 2007
  19. Mar 12, 2008
    hell if we add more maps like that (megabox), this would be the ultimate server to play on. who needs cades to kill zombies?

Not me.

plus its really high fps since theres really nothing but 4 fuckin walls!

ck shoots, and scores.
  20. Apr 9, 2007
    Id have to say.. I personally think adding Fy_iceworld would be better. :mellow: