Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

THE NUMBER 4

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by fishkabob, Oct 12, 2011

1. Aug 8, 2011
    wow look here. almost every word in the alphabet can be reduced to four. like say grandmother has eleven letters i think. eleven has six letters in it. six has three letters in it. and three has five letters in it then five has four letters in it. seriously every word!!!! try it yourself tell me if you find one that doesn't follow this rule
  2. Oct 27, 2010
  3. Aug 8, 2011
  4. Aug 8, 2011
  5. May 15, 2011
    You might be over thinking it... Just a tad bit.
  6. Nov 29, 2010

hippopotamus - 12
    Twelve - 6
    Six - 3
    Three - 5
    Five - 4

Paranormal - 10
    Ten - 3
    Three - 5
    Five - 4

Shenanigans - 11
    Eleven - 6
    Six - 3
    Three - 5
    Five - 4

Hypochondriac - 13
    Thirteen - 8
    Eight - 5
    Five - 4

Anthropomorphism - 16
    Sixteen - 7
    Seven - 5
    Five - 4

A - 1
    One - 3
    Three - 5
    Five - 4
  7. May 27, 2008
    Penis has five letters in it, but that won't stop me from jamming it down your throat.

Excuse me, I have forgotten my manners. My penis' name is Phil. He shall venture down your throat.
  8. Mar 31, 2011

Shit.
  9. Apr 29, 2011
    The only reason this works is because the number 'four' happens to be the only number that has the same number of letters in its word name as the count it represents. Everything other word equivalent of a number doesn't have the same circumstances, so it you can continually break down words in to new numbers, until one of the numbers ends at four, where it will start looping.

So yes, you can break down any word in the world, using the 'Merican number system (Didn't realize the alphabet was made of words) and eventually get four.

Shame this has no practical value whatsoever. You just wasted some of your life for no reason.

On a side note: Peter, I am inviting over Phil for Tea. You, however, are not invited, so get lost.
  10. Aug 8, 2011
    i see........... and you have to cut off phil in order to get him in for tea
  11. Feb 21, 2007
    Shit, this sentence always begins and ends in Shit!
  12. Mar 12, 2008
  13. May 28, 2011
    This thread really needs to be renamed "Knowledge Isn't Always Useful..."
  14. Aug 10, 2011
    Wow even spending time with myself is more interesting than this -.-
  15. Oct 22, 2007
    Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

break it down for me, way too lazy
  16. Aug 8, 2011
  17. Jan 21, 2011
    nine
    four
  18. Aug 8, 2011
  19. Apr 11, 2011
    freakin lol'd....this statement was probably the first to make me really laugh on these forums.